Proposal: Good ole Canadian 3 way Leafs-Oilers-Canucks

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Deadly Dogma

All I have is substantially vapid opinions
Sponsor
May 3, 2016
With Edmonton's goaltending woes I wonder if Mrazek has any value to the Oilers?
If so that piece or pieces is most likely going to be part of a deal to acquire Miller.
IIRC a few Vancouver fans were ok with 2022 1st+Amirov+2022 2nd+Ritche for Miller@50%
I would like to lessen the Leaf assets as much as possible by seeing if the Oilers are willing to move an asset that Vancouver fans are interested in.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
With Edmonton's goaltending woes I wonder if Mrazek has any value to the Oilers?
If so that piece or pieces is most likely going to be part of a deal to acquire Miller.
IIRC a few Vancouver fans were ok with 2022 1st+Amirov+2022 2nd+Ritche for Miller@50%
I would like to lessen the Leaf assets as much as possible by seeing if the Oilers are willing to move an asset that Vancouver fans are interested in.
You should be able to get a 2nd for a good back up goalie.

CanadianSniper

Nov 11, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
I don't see why the Oilers would want Mrazek. They already have questionable goaltending, Mrazek only makes it more questionable. The only place Mrazek has looked good so far is in Carolina, but Carolina's system regularly makes below average -average goalies look like studs. Oilers should be looking at Fleury, or a bigger move on someone like Gibson.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
WE don't know what we have in Mrazek. I am sure a few Vancouver fans were Ok with 2022 1st+Amirov+2022 2nd+Ritche for Miller@50%, I don't think many Leaf fans would want to overpay to that extent for Miller.

Reactions: freshwind and Ciao

Phion Keneuf

Bang Bang
Jul 4, 2010
WE don't know what we have in Mrazek. I am sure a few Vancouver fans were Ok with 2022 1st+Amirov+2022 2nd+Ritche for Miller@50%, I don't think many Leaf fans would want to overpay to that extent for Miller.

Miller @ 2.625 mil cap for this year and next is something worth overpaying for. I’d personally add more to get it done if needed.

Miller is a perfect fit on the top line, and let’s Bunting slide down to where he should be playing in the lineup.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I don't think Mrazek is an upgrade over Koskinen, they will be more interested in a guy with proven playoff pedigree like MAF.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

T_Cage

VP of Awesome
Sep 26, 2006
We already have enough meh wingers, we aren’t giving away arguably our best prospect and completely emptying the almost-bare pick cupboard just to help Vancouver’s rebuild

Reactions: Ciao

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Miller @ 2.625 mil cap for this year and next is something worth overpaying for. I’d personally add more to get it done if needed.

Miller is a perfect fit on the top line, and let’s Bunting slide down to where he should be playing in the lineup.
Sure, I wouldn't massively overpay like that. I don't think Miller is a good a player as you think and I don't think he would be on the top line.

Paddys Pub

Jul 18, 2016
Port Coquitlam
Sure, I wouldn't massively overpay like that. I don't think Miller is a good a player as you think and I don't think he would be on the top line.
Yeah nothing worse than a top line, PPG, power forward on a great contract, who brings the emotion and will the leafs obviously are missing in the playoffs every year. Hahahahah
Who needs that?
Definitely not the leafs who love to play soft, uninspiring, choke artist hockey in the playoffs……

Reactions: Pinto

seanlinden

Apr 28, 2009
Yeah nothing worse than a top line, PPG, power forward on a great contract, who brings the emotion and will the leafs obviously are missing in the playoffs every year. Hahahahah
Who needs that?
Definitely not the leafs who love to play soft, uninspiring, choke artist hockey in the playoffs……

Not a question of not wanting Miller, simply a matter of not wanting to throw such a ridiculous haul of assets towards such an endeavour. If the Leafs are trading for Miller at 50%, think along the lines of:

Select One: Kerfoot or Ritchie
Select One: 2022 1st Round Pick, Rodion Amirov, Nick Robertson, Topi Niemla
Select Two: 2023 2nd Round Pick (send back Winnipeg's 2022 3rd), Abramov, SDA, Kokkonen, Abrusezze, Steeves, Dermott (send back Schenn)

Last edited:

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Mrazek is mediocre and often injured. If we thought he was a definite upgrade we would have been in on him when he only cost money in UFA.

Lonny Bohonos

Apr 4, 2010
Middle East
Pass. Mrazek isn’t an upgrade on what we have. We don’t need another fringe starter. We need a legit top 15 goalie, or we’re better off running Smith/Skinner next year

We tried in free agency. Calgary upped the offer to a point we didn’t have the capspace to match
Hence trading for him.

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
Edmontons goaltending is definitely not a strength but “woes” is strong if you look at team stats over the past couple years. If the Oilers have woes, then so does half the league.
Mrazek does not solve the issue… it’s just shuffling the deck. Same issues.

Northernhawk

Feb 22, 2020
Didn’t even have to read this ost to know it’s include Mrazek to Edmonton, Oilers have their ‘it goalie’ like Woll in Toronto…Skinner

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Who needs that?
What? The Leafs would like a player like that - every team would. What they would want and no team wants is to massively overpay for JT Miller a player who is neither of those things.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad