Post-Game Talk: Good enough!

Louis Cypher

Boys are back in town
Jun 11, 2007
Yep. At least he brings it. He had a poor game in game 6 but the Nucks wouldn't even be in a game 6, or this round, without him. Imagine too what it would be like, brutal, for him to play along several of the soft "stars" on that team that disappear come playoffs.

Lost in the play is Drai won the faceoff clean against Miller and not only that but put the draw right on Kanes stick. Try to do that.

When we used to play I'd hear a lot of never lose a faceoff clean in own zone. You can lose it but you have to contest in some way. get your stick on puck or stick on stick. To completely get beat clean in own zone is dangerous.
I saw Messier purposely shoot the puck during the faceoff and score. It was unreal.

Reactions: Drivesaitl

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Yes, but he has been inconsistent during the regular season (only 40 odd points and long goalless stretches). Neither did he produce much during the LA series.
Yah, he didn't have the best regular season, but I think he had injury issues. He didn't produce much in the LA series, but was still physical and got involved, and it's important that he never lost that part of his game. He hit some posts and had some bad luck, but lately, the law of averages is catching up, and some of the those chances are now going in. Hope that can continue. And if the reports are true of him having the sports hernia, I think it's all the more remarkable as to what he's able to do.

Messrules11

6 Cups, elbows up.
Nov 23, 2018
Yes, but he has been inconsistent during the regular season (only 40 odd points and long goalless stretches). Neither did he produce much during the LA series.
Kane was 4th on the team in goals and 6th in the league in hits this season. This while apparently playing through injury.
Guy brings heart and toughness, if there was a stat line for such things he’d be top of the league.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003

Love how much trouble this guy is having dealing with what is happening around him.

Screenshot-20240519-182318.png

Louis Cypher

Boys are back in town
Jun 11, 2007
Oilers: reports. Canucks star Brock Boeser will miss Game 7 of Vancouver's second-round playoff series Monday against the Edmonton Oilers, according to reports

• Wow
Reactions: Fishy McScales

Fishy McScales

Apr 22, 2006
schmocation
Oilers: reports. Canucks star Brock Boeser will miss Game 7 of Vancouver's second-round playoff series Monday against the Edmonton Oilers, according to reports
This could be something for the Canucks to rally around even though they'll obviously miss a key player.

Sounds like Boeser will be okay but you don't like seeing that. All the best to him.

RegDunlop

Nov 5, 2016
Edmonton
I guess to me its also a matter of how they try to mock the greatest players in hockey. The nucks are a fan base that could have their team playing against Bobby Orr and Phil Esposito and Gerry Cheevers and refer to them as a bunch of bums or cry babies. Just strikes me as strange from an org that have never ever had generational great players. They take the Calgary kind of penis envy and ratchet it up from there. They are somehow worse than Flames fans. No easy task.

I really don't get those fans.
You guys have seen / experienced / mentioned it before but I didn't realize how aggressive, annoying, stubborn, and downright bullying they are. For me, I've never responded to the bullshit bait like our team sucks, conner-leon show, blah blah blah as much as I have with them. The whole year it seems they've been antagonizing us. I know we have a lot of bad shit disturbing posters here that go out of their way to berate other fans but I don't think it's anywhere near as bad as Vancouver. I want to win this so badly not just fir the Oilers but to shut them up.

They do have some good polite posters and fans there, and I want to acknowledge the series and their team to give them credit. But it's hard to do when they're mouthing off constantly.

I’m certainly not defending Nucks fans, just saying gdt’s during the games are usually nothing but complaining and I wouldn’t bother reading some other org’s gdt’s for my own sanity lol

Agree
Ours is F ing ridiculous half the time too

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad