Post-Game Talk: Good enough!

Louis Cypher

Boys are back in town
Jun 11, 2007
I made a comment like this with about 3:30 left. I said it was a good time to do some head hunting. Not the suspension worthy stuff but the hard hits that linger into the next game. Canucks looked dialed out at that point and the opportunities were there. The Oilers did get some of those types of shots in but then there was a big scrum with 2:00 to go that took a while to sort out and after that there wasn’t any emotion left in the game.
Smart they didn't. Don't need the media running with it and giving Vancouver any spark. Canucks looked ruined at the end.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Hextall clearly hasn’t watched any Oiler games this year. Asked Stu what message to sent waving to the fans at the end of the game with his wave. Stu sheepishly points out he was doing the same thing he’s done for every win this year, except his partner in crime has been kicked out, so did it solo.
Leah Hextall is unquestionably the worst media personality in hockey and most of them are awful. She’s weird, awkward and just plain uncomfortable to watch. As much as I’ve ragged on Skinner for his playoff performances he didn’t deserve to have to be interviewed by her. Guy probably had nightmares about being so close to her last night.

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
I said this in the GDT. I have no faith in him anymore, but when he plays I will still cheer heartily for him to succeed.

I just find that he’s incredibly inconsistent, is prone to brain farts that result in pucks going in, deflating his team mates. At one point yesterday I thought he was tracking the puck well early and said so, and then later there was that play where the puck is already exiting the zone and he’s still looking for it it in the crease and corner. Like WTF? Very non-NHL like.

I’d love to play 3 card monte with him. Easy money.

Yea that was a brutal sequence. His body was still pinned to the post and he's looking behind. What goalie does that!?!?!?

I guess key thing is, aside from the goal-which was a byproduct of Nurse/VD and himself not tracking the play properly, he stopped the easy ones...even though he looked shaky af. Did the nucks have a single HDSC?

Leah Hextall is unquestionably the worst media personality in hockey and most of them are awful. She’s weird, awkward and just plain uncomfortable to watch. As much as I’ve ragged on Skinner for his playoff performances he didn’t deserve to have to be interviewed by her. Guy probably had nightmares about being so close to her last night.

Did she still sport that Vulkan like haircut ? lol

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
I would not put in Henrique at this moment unless he is actually healthy. The line up tonight can get it done.

More or less my thought. Yes, I'd love to get him in for the 3rd line, but Foegele-McLeod-Ryan have played a decent bit together, and are, if nothing else, good defensively.

If they get past Vancouver, I'd have time to look at something like a McLeod-Henrique-Perry line, but first they need to focus on game 7.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
I guess key thing is, aside from the goal-which was a byproduct of Nurse/VD and himself not tracking the play properly, he stopped the easy ones...even though he looked shaky af. Did the nucks have a single HDSC?
The goal was mostly on McLeod imo. Got beat in the corner (once again just limply waved his stick in Pettersson's general direction instead of taking the body along the boards) and then didn't take a man in front of the net.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
I said this in the GDT. I have no faith in him anymore, but when he plays I will still cheer heartily for him to succeed.

I just find that he’s incredibly inconsistent, is prone to brain farts that result in pucks going in, deflating his team mates. At one point yesterday I thought he was tracking the puck well early and said so, and then later there was that play where the puck is already exiting the zone and he’s still looking for it it in the crease and corner. Like WTF? Very non-NHL like.

I wish I could feel confident with him in net in game #7 but I can't.

Game #7 on the road is the ultimate test for cool nerves and mental toughness and I don't think its there.

The boys will play well but anymore than a few Grade A chances will be bad news....hope I'm wrong.

Last edited:

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
Tough to rant about much after a 5-1 win in a must-win game but holy shit how does the bottom six continue to go out and barely even get any shots?
I liked our bottom 6. Carrick was hitting everything that moves and they were clutch on the PK.

0 shots isn’t great but when your top 6 is dominating like they were all you need to do is tire the opponent out and not let in any goals.

Ibanez

Dec 1, 2014
I liked our bottom 6. Carrick was hitting everything that moves and they were clutch on the PK.

0 shots isn’t great but when your top 6 is dominating like they were all you need to do is tire the opponent out and not let in any goals.
For sure wanted more shots but that Carrick line cycled and chewed up minutes. Was excellent

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
any season ticket owners got the pass for presale for watch party??

edit: its PLAYOFFS

Last edited:

TKB21

Oct 27, 2013

He has no agility, his side to side movement is dreadful. I hope he doesn’t shit the bed In game 7 and will cheer him on not to suck but I’m scared as hell with him between the pipes.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Hextall clearly hasn’t watched any Oiler games this year. Asked Stu what message to sent waving to the fans at the end of the game with his wave. Stu sheepishly points out he was doing the same thing he’s done for every win this year, except his partner in crime has been kicked out, so did it solo.

She’s Lloyd Christmas indeed.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
IMG_4623.jpeg

Someone really needs to just chuck the entire cow out there.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
The goal was mostly on McLeod imo. Got beat in the corner (once again just limply waved his stick in Pettersson's general direction instead of taking the body along the boards) and then didn't take a man in front of the net.
Its rare for McLeod to be on ice for a GA and he's been one of our better defensive forwards whether on pk or EV. Everybody on the team has missed checks here or there.

Reactions: Arty Spooners Bsmnt

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
That is one player on yvr that I respect the hell out of. Guy is a warrior.
Yep. At least he brings it. He had a poor game in game 6 but the Nucks wouldn't even be in a game 6, or this round, without him. Imagine too what it would be like, brutal, for him to play along several of the soft "stars" on that team that disappear come playoffs.

Kane threaded the needle, never saw this angle of his goal.

What’s funnier is it sure sounds like the pbp guy does some low key marketing for a smokeless tobacco company by saying “SKOAL!!!!” :laugh:

Lost in the play is Drai won the faceoff clean against Miller and not only that but put the draw right on Kanes stick. Try to do that.

When we used to play I'd hear a lot of never lose a faceoff clean in own zone. You can lose it but you have to contest in some way. get your stick on puck or stick on stick. To completely get beat clean in own zone is dangerous.

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
Kane threaded the needle, never saw this angle of his goal.

What’s funnier is it sure sounds like the pbp guy does some low key marketing for a smokeless tobacco company by saying “SKOAL!!!!” :laugh:

The funniest part of this goal is you can see Zadorov really truly believes what he said about Edmonton - all there is to do is stand around and watch hockey.

;)

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting

There was a play in the first where the puck ended up on the side and the goal was empty because Skinner tripped on his move across. Somehow the Nuck didn't see that and just shoot it into the empty net. There was about 3 secs and the player passed it back to the point. lol

Another pass across the player missed. 2 others hit post.

These are the Skinner kind of results playing a club that is inept at scoring in playoffs.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
It also reminds me of Game 6 in 2006 when we blew out Carolina at home. Both were huge wins at home but followed up by a lackluster road Game 7. Hopefully the trend does not continue.
Yeah, this is everything now. This team can't get too high after that win. I liked what I heard from Knob. He straight up said the Canucks played game 6 like we played game 5, and that the Canucks will not be happy with their effort last night. Clearly he knows the Canucks will be much better in game 7. Whole team needs to realize that. We likely need to play even better than last night. Canucks got too high after 5, thought 6 would be easy. But now they switch to being desperate.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
I made a comment like this with about 3:30 left. I said it was a good time to do some head hunting. Not the suspension worthy stuff but the hard hits that linger into the next game. Canucks looked dialed out at that point and the opportunities were there. The Oilers did get some of those types of shots in but then there was a big scrum with 2:00 to go that took a while to sort out and after that there wasn’t any emotion left in the game.
It would be great to see some video but I heard that after the game ended Carrick was skating up to a few Canuck players and going eye to eye.
Apparently he was also giving it to Soucy all game.
The team needs more of that.

He had an excellent game as well.
10:29 TOI...58% on faceoffs...credited with 6 hits.
Knoblauch has to play him on Monday.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad