Post-Game Talk: Good enough!

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
I liked Kane tonight @Stoneman89 . Played physical and was involved. Best moment of the game was after Holloway scored. According to Rishaug- Holloway was just vibrating and pumped with energy- apparently Kane went to him and told him to calm down and keep it going. Vet move coming over to a kid to make sure he keeps his emotions in check and refocus him
That’s a great little tidbit. Love how that Kane mentorship.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Holloway said the opposite in his post game comments. He said Kane was jacking him up and totally excited for him.
Probably just describing it with his youthful interpretation. But whatever it was, it worked and both players deserve tons of credit .

Knoblauch kept his minutes way down, he still looks lethargic to me. Hope he’s feeling better Monday
Ahh another smart Knob move. Especially seeing Ekholm completely gassed in minute 59 of game 4. That goal probably doesn’t even happen if he had just a bit extra gas in the tank that night.

WaitingForUser

Mar 19, 2010
Edmonton
Huh just realized Drai has a higher ppg% on event strength than lemioeux in their first 60 playoff games. That's insane

Drai will win a consmythe before his career ends. He is the best playoff performer I have ever seen on this team. He just raises his game so much it’s incredible.

"Woooooooaaaahhhhhhhh, we're halfway theeeerrrre KANE SCORES!"

I’ve never seen better timing that was epic and will be across YT for years to come.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
How was the 25 73 defense pairing?
They seemed fine. It was a weird night for the D minutes wise. Ekholm only played 10 min 5v5, Kulak Ceci saw the most. Nurse played with Bouchard and Desharnais. Seems like with the big lead they have Ekholm as much time off as possible.

gordonhught

Feb 18, 2009
They seemed fine. It was a weird night for the D minutes wise. Ekholm only played 10 min 5v5, Kulak Ceci saw the most. Nurse played with Bouchard and Desharnais. Seems like with the big lead they have Ekholm as much time off as possible.
Thanks.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I think if they keep that up going forward the Ekholm pairing is still the defacto top and then the other two can equally share minutes.
I think Kulaks game covers for Cecis more and Desharnais probably doesn’t even know how to jump into the play and plays a simpler game defensively too so it settles Nurse down.

gordonhught

Feb 18, 2009
I think if they keep that up going forward the Ekholm pairing is still the defacto top and then the other two can equally share minutes.
I think Kulaks game covers for Cecis more and Desharnais probably doesn’t even know how to jump into the play and plays a simpler game defensively too so it settles Nurse down.
I didn’t see the gsme. I appreciate the notes.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

Pavel10

Nov 10, 2023
"The book" on silovs should be to get pucks high on him.

He was cleanly beaten by Kane. Kane even had time to setup. This was not a good goal. We'd all be pissed if skinner let in this type of goal.

Hyman same thing with a greasy goal from the hash marks. Again this wasn't the best goal to let in.

As well standard bouch bomb that no one can stop.

Silovs has a solid ground game that I'm sure a good goalie coach like Ian Clark can work with him on.

Game 7 get 35 shots on him and the majority up high and the goals will come.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Things I learned from the Nucks thread tonight:

They don't even know who Holloway is. "That player" can't walk through our whole team. Imagine a team with half a dozen pretenders in their lineup that they boost up as if they're some kind of thing and they describe Holloway as "that bum" Well, the bum scored a nicer goal than I've seen from a Canuck all playoffs.

Most posts there are one line if that. A single thought, a goldfish thought, ever changing.

Nuck humor is conjunctions that involve Taking McDavid, or Draisaitl name and merging it with cry. Oh the irony. Thats when they're not busy spelling coilers.

Most common flame is "Alberdum" Such wit!

It really is like grade school over there. Didn't see one post that is actually an expanded set of thoughts like a paragraph.

"Petey and Jane went up the hill and they didn't do anything else the rest of the f***ing game" "Humpty Hughes fell off the wall and they couldn't put him back together again"

Each player on the Nucks is either adored or hated all at the same time.

In the same pages posters are saying what are these asshats doing, WTF is going on followed by "I love this team so much"

The bandwagon over there is seconds long.

One post was funny: "Its a good thing Hughes has been such dogshit, he's taking some of the attention away from Petey" Well, that isn't really that good is it?

Sheikyerbouti

ShakeyerMcBooty
Nov 4, 2006
Van isle
I wish people would stop ripping on RNH has 14 points in 11 games same as what MacKinnon had for AVS 8 even strength points and great defensively
Yes please. He's been here the longest and he's never been part of the problem.

Also, if the Oilers don't win this series it will be the most ridiculous thing ever. It feels like we have been dominant 60% of the time, stepped on a rake for 30% and been outplayed for 10%.

Captain Fantastic

Connor McMastadon
Feb 24, 2012
YEG
Things I learned from the Nucks thread tonight:

They don't even know who Holloway is. "That player" can't walk through our whole team. Imagine a team with half a dozen pretenders in their lineup that they boost up as if they're some kind of thing and they describe Holloway as "that bum" Well, the bum scored a nicer goal than I've seen from a Canuck all playoffs.

Most posts there are one line if that. A single thought, a goldfish thought, ever changing.

Nuck humor is conjunctions that involve Taking McDavid, or Draisaitl name and merging it with cry. Oh the irony. Thats when they're not busy spelling coilers.

Most common flame is "Alberdum" Such wit!

It really is like grade school over there. Didn't see one post that is actually an expanded set of thoughts like a paragraph.

"Petey and Jane went up the hill and they didn't do anything else the rest of the f***ing game" "Humpty Hughes fell off the wall and they couldn't put him back together again"

Each player on the Nucks is either adored or hated all at the same time.

In the same pages posters are saying what are these asshats doing, WTF is going on followed by "I love this team so much"

The bandwagon over there is seconds long.

One post was funny: "Its a good thing Hughes has been such dogshit, he's taking some of the attention away from Petey" Well, that isn't really that good is it?
succinct...;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad