Post-Game Talk: Good enough!

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Character response confirmed. Now the best of 1.

Holloway was my playoff X-Factor coming in and giving this guy opportunity and rope is being rewarded. Great to see a big game from Line 1 with the Captain leading the way. Nugent Hopkins stellar a 3:34 PK TOI on a perfect penalty kill (just under a minute more than any other forward) and, oh ya, a 3 point game. Some weird slag around these parts recently about the game's best player. Answered. Draisaitl and Line 2 driving support scoring is sweeeeeet. Bouchard back to his stellar all zone game. Goaltending decision holds up.

The Holloway goal was a straight out shocker for the Nucks. Just undressed the whole club. Beat 3 nucks right at the line and walked in and beat Silovs. Demoralizing type of goal. 1990 Glenn Anderson scored a goal like that and it was a gut punch for the Bruins thinking it was gonna be lots easier playing the Oil without Gretz in a final.

Holloway I've loved since I've seen him. Line is looking really good. That goal fired up the club I think.

Arty Spooners Bsmnt

Apr 22, 2023
So I have to ask. Whats with the turtleneck? looks such a doofus and his helmet doesn't fit. Oddest looking player. Looks like he and Miller completely lost it tonight. This game the Nucks were losing their shit and frustrated. Gotta build on that. pressure on Nucks now to do something at home.
I was thinking it is some kind of neck guard.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
Hahaha

That was awesome.

Unbelievable game to be at.

Snipes jr. came with me for our first home Oilers game together. Watched the Oilers plenty when they come to Calgary but that was nothing like what this was.

I’m so glad we came. One of the best experiences I’ve had playing, coaching, or watching numerous different professional sports live. I’ll never forget that.

That atmosphere was something else.
I hope everybody played it cool. I am not a Canucks fan but I hate it when fans from either side get harassed by drunks. The family atmosphere is always best.

5 14 6 1

We are the 11.5%
Sep 15, 2010
Alberta
Hahaha

That was awesome.

Unbelievable game to be at.

Snipes jr. came with me for our first home Oilers game together. Watched the Oilers plenty when they come to Calgary but that was nothing like what this was.

I’m so glad we came. One of the best experiences I’ve had playing, coaching, or watching numerous different professional sports live. I’ll never forget that.

That atmosphere was something else.
Awesome memory for you and your kid to share.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Has anyone seen CycloneSweep?
I thought you guys deserved me to not post after a big win.

Speaking of which, haven’t seen Cyclone on this thread yet. Must be sleeping to get ready for his tee time tomorrow, the one that he gleefully said the Oilers would be using tomorrow. ;)
I’m just sad my usual partners got a game to play Monday ;)

Shizuka

Mar 16, 2002
In purgatory
A much more focused, PROACTIVE approach tonight. They won puck battles, won races, were for the most part properly marking off their coverage in the D zone, and most importantly took straight lines to the net and were in and around their crease all night. The top guys showed up and competed like they cared. Skinner was not tested much but the dam didn't break at least, when he did see some shots.

They were fighting for their lives tonight and were able to get it. Great. But put this one away quickly and be focused for Monday. They need to be prepared for game 7, because frankly Vancouver wasn't very aggressive or hungry tonight. That will not be the case Monday, and they will have to weather a far more attacking style physically and offensively from them. Needless to say, they will need yet another complete, 60 minute effort like tonight to finish it off. Don't f***ing turtle defensively again. Be proactive, be physically engaging them right off the hop, don't let them take the body to you. Be disciplined, be smart, keep sending traffic to their house so he can't see clean looks, and be hungry. Bears saying again, now is the time to see who rises to the occasion and who wants it the most. Don't fail us, Oilers.

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
The Holloway goal was a straight out shocker for the Nucks. Just undressed the whole club. Beat 3 nucks right at the line and walked in and beat Silovs. Demoralizing type of goal. 1990 Glenn Anderson scored a goal like that and it was a gut punch for the Bruins thinking it was gonna be lots easier playing the Oil without Gretz in a final.

Holloway I've loved since I've seen him. Line is looking really good. That goal fired up the club I think.
Just seeing the tip of the iceberg with Holloway. Prolonged injury recovery set his back. But he's been really good this playoff. Several smart d-zone reads and coverage support. Gaining confidence in his offensive game. I love him playing with Kane and a player role model to influence the hard area hockey. Solid winger complements for Draisaitl and a handful with their size and hard, aggressive play.

Arty Spooners Bsmnt

Apr 22, 2023
huge mistake from an inexperienced club. The Oilers have all the playoff experience to draw from and the group even has a game 7 experience where they won. So done this before. Nucks played this like they didn't have to win it, but I'm not too sure about that. Like I said earlier a smart Vegas team took us out in 6 when they had half a chance. You don't play with danger and matches and a game 7 against the Oilers with the top playoff goal scorer and 3 other players that lead the league in playoff production.

Meanwhile the Nucks have nobody going. Only Boeser and Miller have been dangerous.
New York, Florida and Dallas took game 6 seriously.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad