Post-Game Talk: Good enough!

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Booch should've been in Norris convo all along. I mean look at the head to head this series. Hughes is predictably just nothing and Booch is owning. Not even in same ballpark.

To put into perspective Booch would be leading the playoff scoring race if it were not for Draisaitl and McDavid being ahead. Thats some Bobby Orr production territory. Over PPG in regular season and now even more prolific pace in playoffs.
For sure. He’s getting jobbed by the narrative shapers at Toronto sports network. What hes doing as just an offensive defenceman should be a national story. If he was a Leafs the Bobby Orr comparisons would be out there.

And now his defence is getting to good to great levels too. This guys a true superstar. But similar to Drais early career he won’t get the credit until we shove it down some of the haters and doubters throats.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Once, on the US feed it said it was 84mph. Looked off his shots lots again. The US media are making mention of it and saying that it's likely an injury, are they saying any of this on the Canadian feeds?
No they aren't saying anything. I think his injury from the start of the season never really healed. I don't think he was just chasing 100 assists this year, his shot is off. His puck handling is worse than in previous years.

Bring Back Bucky

May 19, 2004
Canadas Ocean Playground
Man, don't fight people over this shit. At the end of the day, talk trash but it's just a game.
Yeah it’s all fun and games until the guy breaks his neck or fractures his skull. And pretty humiliating to have the guy laying in his own piss. Bad look for him to act like that, not a great look to engage with him.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
We need to pepper Silovs. He’s played great but this schedule is brutal for a young goalie.

Keep the pressure up and we have a good chance next game
If its true that the flu bug has run through the Oilers then 2 days might help in terms of rebound.

I agree--come out shooting because the Canucks have had a fair bit of puck luck in this series (after game 2) and karma is waiting in the wings.

Arty Spooners Bsmnt

Apr 22, 2023
The good news is players tend not to stay sick long and for some we're already talking one week duration. Game 7 our whole group should be over this and feeling about as good as its possible to feel in playoffs. Even if Nucks are over it too Oilers top end so much better and dominant.

One game for the marbles. Nucks had two shots and wasted one. Not a great idea probably.
Beiksa was saying how this was freebie game for the Canucks. You never want to go to a game seven when you can do it in six.

dustrock

Too Legit To Quit
Sep 22, 2008
2 Bouchabilities I've probably mentioned before: (1) keeping it in at the OZ blueline, (2) absorbing a hit in the DZ on a dump-in and moving the puck.

I'll get s**to for this but Old Man Bouch does this stuff better than Pronger (gasp).

What he'll need to continue to work on is once the puck is established in the DZ and the other team has the cycle.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
First game we outhit the Nucks and it was a complete mystery why Carrick wasn't drawing in. Perry does nothing. Both Brown and Perry don't hit anything. Thats been my biggest disappointment with Perry. I would've expected him to still be physical even while struggling to produce. He's basically been reduced to between whistles stuff. Got his ass parked for a reason.
Perry is too slow, he has been rocked so many times in the playoffs. Pretty sure he's been banged up which is why there's been no bite to his game. Brown just plays soft period. I'd love a line with Carrick and a guy like Kostin on it. Vancouver has gotten away too easily so far when it comes to physicality. McDavid not hitting lends even more credence to him being hurt. Pretty sure he has multiple injuries. Hopefully he can push us through Vancouver and then get at least a little bit of rest.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Beiksa was saying how this was freebie game for the Canucks. You never want to go to a game seven when you can do it in six.
huge mistake from an inexperienced club. The Oilers have all the playoff experience to draw from and the group even has a game 7 experience where they won. So done this before. Nucks played this like they didn't have to win it, but I'm not too sure about that. Like I said earlier a smart Vegas team took us out in 6 when they had half a chance. You don't play with danger and matches and a game 7 against the Oilers with the top playoff goal scorer and 3 other players that lead the league in playoff production.

Meanwhile the Nucks have nobody going. Only Boeser and Miller have been dangerous.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
2 Bouchabilities I've probably mentioned before: (1) keeping it in at the OZ blueline, (2) absorbing a hit in the DZ on a dump-in and moving the puck.

I'll get s**to for this but Old Man Bouch does this stuff better than Pronger (gasp).

What he'll need to continue to work on is once the puck is established in the DZ and the other team has the cycle.
#1 that you mentioned has always been under rated and he has been very good at it since his rookie season. You can't rifle it if it escapes the blue line.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
huge mistake from an inexperienced club. The Oilers have all the playoff experience to draw from and the group even has a game 7 experience where they won. So done this before. Nucks played this like they didn't have to win it, but I'm not too sure about that. Like I said earlier a smart Vegas team took us out in 6 when they had half a chance. You don't play with danger and matches and a game 7 against the Oilers with the top playoff goal scorer and 3 other players that lead the league in playoff production.

Meanwhile the Nucks have nobody going. Only Boeser and Miller have been dangerous.
I wonder how long Tocchet and Petey will last?

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Perry is too slow, he has been rocked so many times in the playoffs. Pretty sure he's been banged up which is why there's been no bite to his game. Brown just plays soft period. I'd love a line with Carrick and a guy like Kostin on it. Vancouver has gotten away too easily so far when it comes to physicality. McDavid not hitting lends even more credence to him being hurt. Pretty sure he has multiple injuries. Hopefully he can push us through Vancouver and then get at least a little bit of rest.
Tbh I would have liked the Oil to put a few nucks in the boards toward end of game and equal some scores. We had an opportunity to do that but probably the thinking is they don't want anybody tossed or hurt. Too bad we don't have a goon that we could just sacrifice for the good of making Zadorov pay. Not sure what Kane told him in their melee but Zads was pretty damn quiet after that.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I wonder how long Tocchet and Petey will last?
I've been wondering this all along. What a missmatch. I don't see these two walking down the aisle? At some point you gotta think Tocchet with his intensity and expecation is just gonna lose it. How can he even handle this little mopey guy going around doing nothing and feeling sorry for himself and being depressed. Holy crap what a non performance. You'd scratch him but the Nucks don't have enough NHL players as it is.

It sickens me to think a fool like this is making 11X what Gretzky did. Sure not deserved.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad