Post-Game Talk: Gonna Stu on this loss for a while

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
He was still being fiercely defended last night. I heard ridiculous statements that players should be blocking more shots (you know- doing the goalie's job).

How many posters identified this is an issue last year? Nothing was done. 5 years of Hollan in McDavid/Draisaitl's peak was an abject failure. Not sure why Katz let this happen.
Yup I got blasted when I said biggest need at trade deadline was a goalie

Holland and the team got suckered in just like all the fans. Skinner is a fraud

Can’t move, can’t react, can’t read a play, bad revounds.

He is the worst at all the most important qualities of the position.

People just can’t see it

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
Yep, Why not?

Silovs played the entire year in the AHL too. And look at what he’s doing in the Show.
well sivlovs was in the ahl cause of demko and desmith, campbell was in the ahl because of himself

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
Campbell's confidence is fragile and he won't have the confidence. He'd be playing scared, too much pressure. The most confident guy they have right now is Pickard, that's who they have to go with. There's no other realistic option but if Vancouver can win with a 9 career games 3rd stringer, Oilers most definitely can win with a 140 GP goalie.

Pickard only needs to be good, not great not fantastic. Skinner has been BAD, not good.
Perhaps. But I’m leaning more towards he knows that he’s not going to be a number 1 in the show ever again. Not at his age, history and current contract. He’s probably resigned to accept thatthere is a high probability that he will be a buy out this summer

I could see him finally just playing without care and stealing a few games in the process.

PS - I do like Pickard, I think he would play well too. I guess maybe I’m a bit of a riverboat gambler because I think Campbell’s ceiling (temporarily) would be higher,so,I say let him roll. :)

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
are you seriously blaming the losses on Nurse? LOL
Seeing as his pairing is yet again deep in the minus I think it deserves some exploration yes. You could forgive it if he was scoring or at least getting matched up against their top line but that isn’t happening. Please tell me what he does well. The only answer I’ve ever gotten was “he plays lots of minutes”

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
Seeing as his pairing is yet again deep in the minus I think it deserves some exploration yes. You could forgive it if he was scoring or at least getting matched up against their top line but that isn’t happening. Please tell me what he does well. The only answer I’ve ever gotten was “he plays lots of minutes”
who cares...Skinner sucks

Reactions: frag2

ZJuice

pickle juice connoisseur
May 17, 2010
Edmonton
Canucks fans lack even more brains than Avs fans. Either I am delusional or they are.
Apparently all we do is dive and get all the calls. I'm so confused, do I need a brain transplant? Does mcdavid actually get favourable calls??

Forgot About Drai

Dr Drai the Second
Jul 10, 2009
Edmonton
Canucks fans lack even more brains than Avs fans. Either I am delusional or they are.
Apparently all we do is dive and get all the calls. I'm so confused, do I need a brain transplant? Does mcdavid actually get favourable calls??

I have never seen a whinier fanbase in my life. They are reacting to the Soucy hearing like its a crime against humanity. Its f***ing insane.

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
If Knob isn't confident moving Holloway into more minutes and more responsibility, the best answer to cover for Henrique likely is Janmark.

Drai-McDavid-Hyman
Janmark-RNH-Kane
Foegele-McLeod-Ryan
Holloway-Carrick-Perry

I hated him with McDavid and Hyman for game one, but at least here he syncs well with Nuge as a defensive combo, and that frees up Kane to run around.

I don't see any natural fits with the lines due to injuries, but this is likely the best combos they can come up with for maintaining some form of flow and identity.
In other words, that's a bad 2nd line, but one that should at least hold its own defensively, but I generally like the fits on the other lines.

Foegele should be benched, but I do trust him with McLeod to move the puck in the right direction. Ryan has also worked well with these two in the past.

4th line finally brings a bit of a physical pop, and I like the idea of occasionally running Holloway-McDavid/Drai-Perry when the opportunity presents itself.

oil Leaks

The Ultimate Decoy
Jul 5, 2011
Lol. Skinner didn't make a single save all game, meanwhile Silovs makes so many when asked about his biggest save he's not even sure which one.

I hate it. Thanks Skinner.

Good players find ways to elevate their game. Love to see it

Skinner meanwhile...

Reactions: iCanada

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
I have never seen a whinier fanbase in my life. They are reacting to the Soucy hearing like its a crime against humanity. Its f***ing insane.

Seeing them trying to equate the cross check to the face as being in the same realm of dirty as the missed incidental high stick or the slash to the side of Soucy's pants by McDavid sounds like the group think of a fan base that would think it's fair to scramble a player's brains and end their career over a kneeing incident.

Oh wait, that's because it is the same dumb fanbase.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
which goal last night was specifically Nurse's fault?
The prime culprit on the third goal is Foegele but Boeser was still behind Nurse and Ceci for a free chance to score. And as I said they’ve been heavily in the negatives in their metrics every single game this series. It’s actually baffling that we keep going to this pairing year after year.

• Haha
Reactions: TopShelfGloveSide

Missing smitty

Oct 1, 2018
Seeing them trying to equate the cross check to the face as being in the same realm of dirty as the missed incidental high stick or the slash to the side of Soucy's pants by McDavid sounds like the group think of a fan base that would think it's fair to scramble a player's brains and end their career over a kneeing incident.

Oh wait, that's because it is the same dumb fanbase.

They only come out when the team is halfway decent, most clearly do not watch any other team play, ever.

Reactions: oilers4life5

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad