Post-Game Talk: Gonna Stu on this loss for a while

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
Personally I'm wondering where the defense physicality is? Nugent Hopkins was credited with 2 hits ... that's 2 more than each of Desharnais and Ceci who checked in at 0. It's also 1 less than Nurse and Kulak. 1 more than Ekholm. Add that the Oil d only had 5 block shots.

Oilers d were very passive in front of a mediocre goaltender. Too much space and time early which set this game in motion.

Lots of players can be pulled out of the herd tonight. Oil were the softer, more passive team to a man.
To be a fair we had the puck a ton tonight. I bet like 90% of our hits were in the first period.

Reactions: iCanada

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Nah weak sauce , if anyone deserved a straight punch to the mouth it was Zadorov at that moment and our players acted like p***yes
Seeing Nurse get suspended for shit like that in the playoffs. I don’t trust the NHL to not give us a screw job. Especially when you are long for revenge after the final whistle.

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
200w.gif
I'm telling you, if Bouchard doesn't step it up the Oilers will lose this series. It won't matter who they have in net.

Hate the message all you want but I think you'll regret losing the series if Bouchard can't get his shit together, pronto.

• Haha
Reactions: MessierThanThou

MessierThanThou

Dec 10, 2010
Oil Country
can't believe how many Oiler fans Skinner fooled all year long, especially during that win streak. the guy was the beneficiary of a statistically top three defense in the league over that timespan playing against bottom feeders night every night. nothing in his play has ever suggested that he's a changed goaltender. his tracking, awareness and movement have been just as bad as ever. this guy is a disaster.

To paraphrase George Carlin, "think of how stupid the average Oiler fan is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
All of those are issues. But Mcdavid and Draisaitl are that good that we should have won those games.

The issue is they can’t play goalie. And our goalie sucks f***ing big donkey balls.

Scoring isn’t a problem no matter how much you want to try and make it about that. We aren’t winning cause we aren’t scoring. Even if it’s just Mcdavid and draisaitl.

We aren’t winning cuz once again, our goaltender is good for 2 softies a game
You simply cannot rely on two players to win you a championship. It hasn’t worked in eight years why would now be any different? Nikita Zadorov has more goals than 3/4 of our forwards.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
But the consistent theme is him not making saves in this series in particular. The Canucks haven't even played well in one game, they've done the bare minimum to skim by and have scored on pretty much every high danger scoring chance. This isn't the Avs running over Mike Smith or the Oilers getting shut down by Hellebuyck, it's an ongoing problem with Skinner. I'm also aware that there's a lot of passengers on this roster but when your goalie isn't making saves, it effects the entire team.
The bolded couldn't be anymore true. If you've played hockey at any level you should understand that.

Play Pickard next game or get the f*** out of my city Knoblauch.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
The Oilers allowed three shots against in the third period and had 27 more shots against Vancouver than they had against us. There's really not much more to this story than Skinner losing us the game.
27 shots we couldn’t find the finish on. And 4 posts we couldn’t find the finish on. Games can be won and loss in more than one way.

oilexport

Aug 29, 2010
Secondary scoring, goaltending, 2 and 3rd pairing D, and team toughness. Just a couple minor things to work on and we will win !

• Haha
Reactions: Bryanbryoil

2for1PizzaPastuh

Jan 13, 2023
I'm telling you, if Bouchard doesn't step it up the Oilers will lose this series. It won't matter who they have in net.

Hate the message all you want but I think you'll regret losing the series if Bouchard can't get his shit together, pronto.
why is Bouchard that high up on your list of Oiler problems?

Zguy370

Dec 25, 2007
Does nuge hit? I've noticed oil dump the pucks in van dmen retrieve make a pass against boards and nuge goes out of his way to not finish a check.

It seems like the opposite tonight with even petterson finishing his checks.
Nuge hit?? hahah he's scared of his own shadow

• Haha
Reactions: M Ace and oiLowe

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
If Kris f***ing Knobhead starts Skinner next game I'm going to f***ing lose my mind. "We'll see him again and he'll bounce back". I swear to f***ing god this idiot is testing my patience. I was feeling pretty alright before I just watched his post-game interview and now I'm going to bed pissed off.
He also said he didnt know if it would be game 4 or game 5

Then asked about starting and not making a decision right now, so hes lost faith.

MessierThanThou

Dec 10, 2010
Oil Country
27 shots we couldn’t find the finish on. And 4 posts we couldn’t find the finish on. Games can be won and loss in more than one way.

Let's break this down. It wasn't our defense. We only lost by a goal. We outshot our opponent by 27, which is more shots than most teams get in a single game. And one goalie played significantly worse than the opposing goalie. Hmmmmmm.......

Reactions: Kerberos

oilers4life5

Nov 6, 2007
City of Champions
I just can’t take it with these refs. Refs changed the standard all game which favoured the Nucks. Called weak calls on us and not the same standard applied to Nucks. Clear as day. The cross checks and interference we got called for happened multiple time by Nucks uncalled. Period. Fact. That cross check at the end should be a suspension.

Reactions: TB12 and AlbOilFAN

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
As frustrating as this is there isn't any reason to panic. Wev have been the better team easily 2 of the 3 games. Sub par goaltending and we are up 3-0
The problem is this is who they’ve hitched the golden wagon too and there’s no competent 1B to come in. Campbell hasn’t seen an NHL minute since November. Pickard is only there because Rodrigue isn’t ready. Holland thinking a Skinner/Pickard duo is cup-calibre just goes to show how braindead he is.

What’s Skinner’s save percentage for his playoff career, .800 at best? That wasn’t even CLOSE to being good enough in the 70’s or 80’s for a playoff goalie, let alone 2024.

Reactions: MessierThanThou

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad