Post-Game Talk: Gonna Stu on this loss for a while

Ninety7

go oil go
Jun 19, 2010
Canada
Too many zeroes across the board from the depth players… again.

you shouldn’t have to score 4 goals every night to win a game.

And when 3 of them come in the first 20 minutes there’s no coming back

But I’d love to hear your rebuttal.

You keep echoing the same shit like it’s some kind of zinger or some kind of “gotcha” moment.

Reactions: Oilhawks

3IR

Feb 12, 2019
bottom 9 not scoring, and skinner being the second best goalie.

name a more iconic duo.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Oddly I'm not even mad after that loss like I was after game 1. Probably because I'm finally feeling hope that Skinner is done in the Oilers net. So done with this loser he f***ing sucks.

Oilers deserved this one and didn't get it, but you win game 4 and you're in a good spot.

We're not winning next round anyways with Skinner so lets see what Pickard has. If he shits the bed and we lose this round it won't matter because we aren't winning next round with Skinner in.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
Stu looked cooked since game #1 but Knob has to take share of whipping for not making a change.

Well, all is not lost. If they can get some average goaltending from Pickard in game #4 then it could become a best of 3 and we know that they can win one the road.

YakDavid

Dec 12, 2010
Too many defensive lapses in the first. Didnt get any help from Skinner. Couldn’t score dispute tons of chances. Didn’t get any luck until the third goal around Vancouver’s net.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
If Oilers go back to the well with Skinner in game 4 with his 79.3% save pct in this series.. well .. they'll lose that as well.

Silovs is 88% and is still head and shoulders above what the Oilers have had in net.

Also... for f***'s sake... play Stecher... the guy is knows for his defense and the Oilers need defense.

I'd also play Gagner for some spark of offense in the bottom 6 and Carrick for some physicality.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Is Konovalov good now?
Had been putting up pretty good numbers in the K last 2-3 seasons but the K is a different animal. We will never know if he would have developed to the NA game, but I was high on him much more than the guy they groomed.

Reactions: Cloned

dustrock

Too Legit To Quit
Sep 22, 2008
Zadorov can do whatever he wants out there. I was calling for adding more toughness instead we add Perry who is too slow and not a true goon. A series like this we badly miss a guy like Kostin. The closest that we have is Erne. May as well dress him next game since our bottom 9 doesn't score anyway.
The NHL prefers it this way. I've said it a million times: those who think Michael Jordan got the benefit of the doubt on 10,000 calls. You're completely right. And who cares? I'm here to see the superstars, not some John Wick cannon fodder.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

NegativeNelly

Jun 23, 2016
Edmonton
We aren't winning anything with Skinner this year. Maybe in 2 years but not now. He cracks under pressure. I'd feel way more comfortable with Pickard than Skinner.

Reactions: Anemia

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
Silovs STOLE that game....Nucks didn't even try after the first but found a way

Oilers can't score 5 on 5 and they have no depth
Skinner isn't the guy...he wasn't against Vegas and isn't against the Canucks

Reactions: Oilhawks

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
It was so obvious. All I could think of after Vegas eliminated us was at least it’s finally crystal clear, Nurse-Ceci is a liability and goaltending is not good enough.

Depth scoring is another issue. We just need a decent f***ing gm that will make a move when a guy like Lafferty is just sitting there available.

Anyway, everyone, expect the worst in these games and it’ll sting a lot less. You never know what will happen in a series but don’t let this shit get you actually upset

Weren’t we gonna get Laff but then the team asked for VD and Holland said nah?

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Don't get me wrong, Skinner is the main culprit but I will list these names...

RNH
Kane
Foegele
Perry
McLeod
Holloway
Janmark
Ryan
Brown
Nurse
Ceci
Kulak
Desharnais

All ghosts, all complete passengers especially RNH, getting really sick of him. As I said, Skinner is the main reason why they're losing this series because, well, obvious reasons but this team is like 90% passengers. It just shows the greatness of McDavid and Draisaitl that this team is winning any playoff games nevermind participating in the playoffs. This is Holland's "All In" team, it's not nearly good enough. It's the 8th best team in this playoffs currently. It's not like Skinner is sewering the Avs that are a much more deserving team, he's sewering a 2 man team.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Our empty net made more saves than Skinner tonight
Big brain bobby told me that the Oilers losing was due to our defensive play and that Silovs wasn't any better than Skinner.

jesus. The guy won't admit he's wrong either.

We gave up only 6 HDSC in that game. Skinner let in 4.

Skinner in only 8 periods has given up 12 goals. You can't win with that. For perspective Nucks only got 13 goals in their first round series in 6 games.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad