Pre-Game Talk: Gonna Go Watch Smile 2 on Friday

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
Gonna go watch Smile 2 Friday so I won't see the game.
heh. Figured there would be a sequel. Oddly just watched the original first time last night. I liked it. Our cup of tea building suspense and with some story line. I was tripped out. We needed to watch a comedy after watching Smile. Wife and I were smiling at each other freaking ourselves out.

Back on topic theres a game Friday. Not sure how scary it will be.

Looking ahead the Oilers have a game on Halloween. May have to miss that one. Especially I freak myself out watching more scary movies.

Mr Kot

Jan 15, 2022
heh. Figured there would be a sequel. Oddly just watched the original first time last night. I liked it. Our cup of tea building suspense and with some story line. I was tripped out. We needed to watch a comedy after watching Smile. Wife and I were smiling at each other freaking ourselves out.

Yeah, I watch horror movies all the time and most hollywood produced horror tends to be pretty by the numbers, but Smile was genuinely pretty good. I heard 2 is better as well, so me and a friend are going to see it. Sucks that it's during the game, but it's the only day we have available to go.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
Yeah, I watch horror movies all the time and most hollywood produced horror tends to be pretty by the numbers, but Smile was genuinely pretty good. I heard 2 is better as well, so me and a friend are going to see it. Sucks that it's during the game, but it's the only day we have available to go.
Yep. For sure wasn't slasher oriented, and wasn't the usual doll/possessed/don't go in the basement type formulas. Loved how the smile persona would interject at times without the main character knowing it. Like the home visit with the therapist. Sure was loaded for a sequel though. Was this based on a book? Seemed much better than most modern day horror I watch.

I got the horror movie bug as a kid and never stopped.

Mr Kot

Jan 15, 2022
Yep. For sure wasn't slasher oriented, and wasn't the usual doll/possessed/don't go in the basement type formulas. Loved how the smile persona would interject at times without the main character knowing it. Like the home visit with the therapist. Sure was loaded for a sequel though. Was this based on a book? Seemed much better than most modern day horror I watch.

I don't think so, it's an original property. Might be based on a youtube short? A lot of horror movies these days are based on shorts, funnily enough. I have a 500+ youtube binge list of shorts I watch here and there. Some real gems too.

Reactions: Drivesaitl

Oilhawks

Over Old Hills
Nov 24, 2011
Watching their season so far is like 'willfully' watching any of the Terrifier movies and not being an actual sociopath.

I said what I said.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Sounds like they were tinkering with the top PP today. Skinner and Arvidsson to the top unit and RNH and Hyman to the 2nd unit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad