OT: Golf 2.0

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

JetsWillFly4Ever

May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
Dylan Samberg shot a 74 on his first round of the Manitoba open which set a record for Jets in this tournament. The previous low was Schiefele at a 78 a few years back.
Impressive round at Southwood!

It's wild how good pro golfers are. Southwood from the back tees is if not the hardest, top 2 in Manitoba. The Canadian tour (essentially ECHL) guys just went and shot -25 to win, one guy went 3 of 4 round without making a bogey.

Just insane.

Whis

Jul 1, 2016
Had my best round at Southwood this year and it was a 74 from the yellows. Prob as good as I could play - only 1 ball in the long grass and was able to find it. Tournament golf there would be a terrible experience with how many provisionals you would need to play if your driver was even a little off.

Reactions: ps241

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Impressive round at Southwood!

It's wild how good pro golfers are. Southwood from the back tees is if not the hardest, top 2 in Manitoba. The Canadian tour (essentially ECHL) guys just went and shot -25 to win, one guy went 3 of 4 round without making a bogey.

Just insane.

Yea its all so next level. So many amazing golfers that have to sleep in their cars to take their shot.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Just wrapped up a 10 day trip to Muskoka and South Carolina. Started out at Muskoka Bay which is a great track in a scramble format. Lots of fun and great course. Off to South Carlolina and we golfed Dunes West (River Club) least nice course on the tour. Next day it was the Wild Dunes Links nicer. Then we took a day off and traveled about 40 minutes to Kiawah Island resort and which is a pretty spectacular lay out.

3rd round in Carolina was Osprey Point and it was great. Next day we golfed the Ocean Course with caddies and that was the highlight golf wise of the trip. One of the better courses I have golfed. Next day most of our crew headed back but four of us stayed an extra day thanks to Air Canada and we golfed Turtle point and it was great. We did a two man best ball and had a blast.

Then it was back home and I golfed Windsor Park yesterday with my son and his high school golf coach (teacher). They play their tourney there this Thursday so it was a prep day.

In summary I had 7 rounds of 18 holes in 11 days and that would normally represent a good year for me lol.

Thank you Molson for being an amazing partner.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad