GDT: Gold Medal Game • Canada 3, Russia 5 • Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

rushockey

Oct 4, 2010
Calgary
www.rushockey.com
In the game against Sweden I was blown away how Canada was outplayed and dominated in the OT and in the third period at times. Canada did play great in the first 25 minutes or so but I think the pace they took was a little bit too much, they just run out of steam.

ComradeRuskie

Oct 1, 2010
Montreal
I am happy that the Russians won. I thought it was over when it was 3-0 but like team Canada I seem to have forgotten that a hockey game lasts 60 minutes.

If you watch this video look around 3:10 on the 3ed goal by team Canada and around 6:25 on the 3ed goal by team Russia. Tarasenko did the same celebration than Scheen. :sarcasm:

As for the celebration yells, the ones I understood said:

"We are the world champions!"
"We are the world champions mom, we are world champions! Blyat."
"Winners Russia"

When I watched it "Live" a lot of kids seemed to speak to their mothers when speaking to the camera.

And also a lot of "Blyat".
I have no idea how to translate "Blyat" in english. :help:
But in my head it is like "Oh ****, oh ****".

vippe

Mar 18, 2008
Sweden
The russians were extremly clutch this tournament. Trailing in 3 straight games in the third period and yet win all of the games

Brock Anton

flames #badnwagon
Nov 8, 2009
Westerly, RI
I really didn't see this coming. The Canadians struck me as a team that after they got a lead, they would go to the throat of the opponent. They did against the USA and against Russia the first time. I guess they thought they had the gold wrapped up.

outofrange

Feb 6, 2007
TSN reported that Schenn suffered a separated shoulder during the Switzerland game but obviously he still played. Anything else trickling in from both sides about what injuries some of the players have? Just interested.

Also congrats Russia! That was a crazy game. Wow

Kiefer

Jun 28, 2004
Sweden
I am happy that the Russians won. I thought it was over when it was 3-0 but like team Canada I seem to have forgotten that a hockey game lasts 60 minutes.

If you watch this video look around 3:10 on the 3ed goal by team Canada and around 6:25 on the 3ed goal by team Russia. Tarasenko did the same celebration than Scheen. :sarcasm:

As for the celebration yells, the ones I understood said:

"We are the world champions!"
"We are the world champions mom, we are world champions! Blyat."
"Winners Russia"

When I watched it "Live" a lot of kids seemed to speak to their mothers when speaking to the camera.

And also a lot of "Blyat".
I have no idea how to translate "Blyat" in english. :help:
But in my head it is like "Oh ****, oh ****".

Thanks for the translations, I had no idea what was going on :)

Kiefer

Jun 28, 2004
Sweden
On a sidenote, it was nice to see that the ref's was not a big issue in this game. Sure some penalties was missed/uncalled but it was pretty even imo.

I R Baboon

Feb 23, 2010
I think most people saw this coming. Canada looked extremely tame all tournament. Didn't see any heart at all.

YogiCanucks

Jan 1, 2007
Vancouver BC
haha, kinda funny how it all worked out. After handing it to the US I really didn't care about the rest of the tourny... and what do you know.. they don't win.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Congrats to Russia. It was just meant to be this year for them, I guess.

I can't wait to see what slogan TSN will put on next years tournament in Calgary. Hockapolypse 2012?

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
I didn't even watch the game since I was at an all time low after Sweden's disappointing semi-final and last nights game against USA. I wish I had though.

I knew Canada was up 3-0 when I went to bed, then I got a text message from a friend that said: "what an amazing third period!!!". Went back to sleep and then discovered that Russia came back AGAIN, and beat Canada for the gold.

Wonderful news, this makes me so happy!:yo::handclap::nod::yo:

Congrats Russia!

Or perhaps I'm not allowed to congratulate Russia, that might be a slight against Canada?:sarcasm:

8spokesontheB

Cry Havoc!
Dec 24, 2008
wow that's awesome....I fell in love with the Russian team when they beat Finland.....cool Under-20 team

I loved how the Russian kids screamed that awesome anthem

Riddarn

1980-2011
Aug 2, 2003
Haha.. I went to bed after Canada's 3rd goal since I had to get up early and thought there was no way Canada gives up a three goal lead.

Wow.

Exactly this.

Seriously, what the...

Massive congratulations to Russia :handclap::handclap:

8spokesontheB

Cry Havoc!
Dec 24, 2008
Its extremely hard to understand why Canadians react to others taunting them if they loose.\

You want respect? Act with some kind of decency then...

animated_gif-applause1.gif

Gehngis Nuck

Jan 4, 2011
Vancouver BC
Those Russian kids deserved every bit of that win. That was the single most amazing comeback period of WJC Hockey I've ever seen. As well as the most catastrophic failure I've ever seen.
It serves as a good reminder to Hockey Canada that Canada/USA do NOT own this tournament and to assume so is foolish.
The players on both teams will grow from this expirience and bring this with them throughout their NHL careers.
Best damned Russian attack since the CCCP.
Way to go.

frostyflo

Jan 29, 2009
Austria
wow, didn`t see this coming...congrats Russia!

another cool thing I saw is that the north-american hype for this tourney arrived in europe at the end, just watch those happy kids, what a passion

kingsholygrail

We've made progress - Robitaille
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
They were saying on NHL Network that all but 1 of the Russian players will not be back next year.

So an extra congratulations to the players that got rewarded on their final attempt at this championships.

Slimmy

Jan 3, 2009
GBG
I watched the game but thought there was no way. But at the end of the third I just couldn't stop laughing. This was the single most hilarious game I have ever seen in the game of hockey.

This was poetic justice at it's pinnacle. This was irony of highest caliber. Wish my modem wouldn't have gone down last night so I could have enjoyed the taunting.
Oh, well. There's always next year.. :D

Congratz Russia! You made my hockey year complete!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad