Going Full White Sox - The 2024 Chicago White Sox, a historic tale of futility (36-116 record as of Sept 18th)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
this should help a quick turnaround happen

I mean team is going to be terrible so why should they spend $ this offseason?

They had a 150M+ payroll to start this season so its not surprising that they will go with low payroll as they suck and try to rebuild

No team spends big $ during rebuilding

They will likely look in bargain/clearance market in FA

More vets like Pham/DeJong who they would then likely flip in season for some longshot prospect and hope they can find a reclamation project like Fedde who they can then flip as well

Though as seen with horrid returns on Cease/Fedde/etc trades, Getz is terrible GM

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
I mean team is going to be terrible so why should they spend $ this offseason?

They had a 150M+ payroll to start this season so its not surprising that they will go with low payroll as they suck and try to rebuild

No team spends big $ during rebuilding

They will likely look in bargain/clearance market in FA

More vets like Pham/DeJong who they would then likely flip in season for some longshot prospect and hope they can find a reclamation project like Fedde who they can then flip as well

Though as seen with horrid returns on Cease/Fedde/etc trades, Getz is terrible GM

I'm just not a fan of teams in large markets being cheap

Reactions: Voight

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
The worst team of the modern era stuff is suddenly in doubt. 2 straight wins and they are up 3-0 tonight as they go win for #36 with still 5 more games against the hapless Angels. In my view, going 40-122 gets them off the hook since they would tie the 1962 Mets in wins.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad