Going Full White Sox - The 2024 Chicago White Sox, a historic tale of futility (35-115 record as of Sept 15th)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Not going to lie, probably going to a game this weekend just to see cheap baseball, to say we went to a game during this historic season, and say goodbye to Oakland.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Not going to lie, probably going to a game this weekend just to see cheap baseball, to say we went to a game during this historic season, and say goodbye to Oakland.

Night or afternoon game?

I wonder if they are allowing people to move to better seats after a few innings like back when I would go in 90's when attendance plummeted

Loved that feeling of joy with better seats in empty park before then having misery of watching the Indians with their all-star lineups (Thome, Ramirez, etc) beating the hell out of Sox

I was able to move seats during the 3 game homestand when Indians scored 13 runs in every game. The already empty stadium became even more during two of those games early, so they didn't give a f*** when we moved seats during bot of 2nd

I still remember how pathetic Navarro was in his game. Multiple HR's and multiple walks in 1st inning (Indians jumped out to a 6-0 lead after top of 1st) and the fans boo'd him off the field

f***ing Sox had a good bottom of 1st in that game as well to climb right back into trailing only a run to start 2nd only for Navarro to come back out and have an even more putrid start to 2nd before being pulled. 9 ER in just a little over an inning

f***ing bum!

One of the worst FA signings in White Sox history. The 3 years watching that bum pitch was awful

Baldwin was awful in one of the other games but at least he was a struggling kid who's confidence was in gutter so him struggling wasn't as pathetic. And he could at least strike a guy out and flash potential brillance (Rarely got it though)

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Cleveland had a 5-0 lead going into bot of 3rd but somehow allowed White Sox to score 4 runs

5-4 now in 4th

I expect after that odd 4 run explosion for Sox bats to go quiet rest of way

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Quote from Reinsdorf himself;

s1jkgnjg49od1.jpeg

You need to take a hard look at yourself, Jerry. How do you go from a 90+ win team that had oodles of promise in 2021 to completely bottoming out just under 3 years later?

Solutions also won't happen if you keep hiring cronies rather than qualified baseball people, but when has that stopped you?

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
Six more losses breaks the Mets record, but I think the CWS really need that seventh loss to also have the worse winning percentage than the 62 Mets. So 7-7 or worse the rest of the way to eclipse the Mets beyond argument.

5-9 or worse to finish with a worse winning percentage than the 1916 A’s.

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
I really didn't pay much attention to the 2003 Tigers. Really to the Tigers at all until 2005 because they were typically bad every year. But I believe even they had a better record than the '24 White Sox at this point.

The fact Chicago's minor league system is in the dumps and they won't even pick up a top 5 draft pick next year due to not participating in revenue sharing(I believe) is bad. Real bad.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
sox somehow pulled that one out of their ass after blowing a 3 run lead late

just checked their schedule and with the amount of games they still have left against the angels, there's a small chance they just might be able to reach the 40 win mark. emphasis on small

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
How does the lottery system work in a way where the very obvious worst team in the league can’t pick in the top 10?

When your owner balks at the rules in place.

Only to watch his team be on the verge of being one of the worst ever.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Ajoie @ Fribourg Gotteron
    Ajoie @ Fribourg Gotteron
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $105.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Zurich Lions @ Biel
    Zurich Lions @ Biel
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $45.00