Going Full White Sox - The 2024 Chicago White Sox, a historic tale of futility (35-115 record as of Sept 15th)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
The White Sox really don’t deserve to have this on their history. There’s a lot of other teams who tried a lot harder to be this bad over an extended period of time.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Imagine losing a series to this team

Only 5 teams have lost a series to Sox this year

Tampa Bay Rays, April 26th-April 28th (Sox took all 3 games)
St Louis Cardinals, May 3rd-May 5th (Sox took 2 of 3)
Cleveland Guardians, May 9th-May 12th (Sox took 3 of 4)
Washington Nationals, May 14th-May 15 (Sox took 2 of 3)
Colorado Rockies, June 28th-June 30th (Sox took 2 of 3)

That Rockies series is last time Sox won back to back games

LightningStorm

Lightning/Mets/Vikings
Dec 19, 2008
Pacific NW, USA
Been watching big 4 sports since I was a kid in the 90's. This is the very worst single season team I have ever seen. Yes there's been winless NFL teams, but that's a 16 (now 17) game season as oppose to 162, and the White Sox have a 21 game losing streak this season. Heck, right now their current 12 game losing streak is only their 3rd longest behind their ones of 21 and 14 games.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
just imagine if these cheap scumbags like reinsdorf or fisher tried running a franchise like the yankees or sox this way. the league would force them to sell instantly. but if its not one of MLB's golden franchises, who gives a shit right?

what amazes me the most about this sox team is how their FO wasn't able to get a single decent prospect in return at the deadline. its almost as if reinsdorf purposely made getz the GM because he knew he'd be terrible at it. wouldn't surprise me, considering this is the same guy who claimed its better to finish in second every year to keep the fans hopes alive

MLB will continue to be a failed product for as long as they don't do anything about these piece of shit owners who purposely run their teams into the ground

Reactions: DaveG

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Reinsdorf and his late partner Eddie Einhorn bought the team in 1981 and they made some marketing blunders,

Lowballing a contract extension to their play-by-play announcer in 1982 convinced the Cubs would not hire him was a disaster.

Fast-forward to today, when JR decided he wanted to start the Chicago Sports Network and eliminate NBC Sports Chicago. Interestingly, the Blackhawks stayed with JR and did not move to the Cubs channel.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
I’ll predict two more wins and a 33-129 record, although it would be fun if they lost out and finished exactly 100 games below .500.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Been watching big 4 sports since I was a kid in the 90's. This is the very worst single season team I have ever seen. Yes there's been winless NFL teams, but that's a 16 (now 17) game season as oppose to 162, and the White Sox have a 21 game losing streak this season. Heck, right now their current 12 game losing streak is only their 3rd longest behind their ones of 21 and 14 games.
2011-12 Charlotte Bobcats have to be up there as well, though lockout shortened season for the NBA that year.

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea

That 92-93 Dallas Mavs team was pretty bad, starting the year 4-57 before catching fire to finish the year at 11-71

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
2011-12 Charlotte Bobcats have to be up there as well, though lockout shortened season for the NBA that year.
there have been some real bad NHL teams throughout the years. 75 caps finished 8-67-5 and had a record bad goal differential of -265. 93 sharks were 11-71-2 and sens finished 10-70-4 with a road record of 1-41 that same season. worth noting that caps and sens were expansion teams and sharks were in their second season

that's why i think this sox team's awfulness is far more impressive than those NHL teams i listed. to not win 40 games over the course of a 162 game season is remarkable

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
The absolute worst thing about this is there's legitimately no way out for the Sox.

They won't get a high pick this year because of MLB's frankly stupid changes to the draft order/system, they have a couple of higher tier prospects in Colson Montgomery and Noah Schultz, but those two guys alone aren't saying this trash fire. Not like it matters because this team has whfifed on pretty much every prospect/trade in the last half decade. They won't sign anyone worth a damn to help supplement said prospects either. All the while being run by a revolving door of idiots, yes men or a combination of both.

They had the chance to sell high on Luis Robert in the offseason coming off an all-star season last year. They chose not to, and now he's a trash can. They'll probably screw up trading Garrett Crochet in the offseason too.

Sox fans deserve better. Hopefully the Bears are good this year because those fans don't deserve a double feature of having to watch this garbage then having to sit through the Bulls also being ran like garbage because of Reinsdorf.

Reactions: PanniniClaus

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
I googled Best Prospect Pools MLB and no one from USA Today to MLB.com to some random publication has the White Sox pool higher than 18.

That doesn't seem too promising for such a historically bad team. On another note Bleacher Report ranks them 7, so, I don't know. Still seems low

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
As a Marlins fan who hasn't been following that closely because of my focus on the Florida Panthers. It's hard to believe a team is 20 games worse than the Marlins. The Marlins suck really bad. And we've had seasons like this before. But the White Sox are on a different level. I can't imagine what their fans are going through. And I've seen a lot of bad seasons in my time too.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
They have to be above .500 the rest of the way to avoid setting the new record for losses.

John Price

Gang Gang
Sep 19, 2008
Looking over the standings and no other team is even close to that putrid

33 wins is pathetic and the next closest team loss wise has about 50 wins lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad