Value of: Goalie to Buffalo (again)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
You can have Koskinen and a t-shirt cannon for future's.

If Koski doesn't work out just put him into the cannon and fire him back to the KHL.

I wonder if Koskinen would tear up his modified NTC to get out of Edmonton before Tippett can back the team bus over him again. 15 teams seems likely that it will include Buffalo.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
They also have expressed they would like to win some AHL playoff games and right now they have a guy out of the ECHL and *checks notes* a former ECAC/D3 guy who hasn't played in years.

Edit - I was going to put that he was a waiter but didn't want to do that without checking and yes, the Amerks backup tonight (who might have to start against Utica if Robson fails his COVID test upon arrival) is a waiter.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bearbait and banks

banks

Only got 3 of 16.
Aug 29, 2019
I'm never glad that a player is hurt. But this is a pretty interesting story to follow. I love it when a player gets thrust into a big role, sometimes they surprise you. Could happen with any goalie they find to play next few weeks.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Our coach won't back up the bus on him, maybe he'd be game to just get out of Tippett's doghouse?
You know what, I was joking about the NTC thing, I think he would waive for anywhere. He's playing like garbage in Edmonton, and his best (only) shot at getting an NHL contract as a backup next year, in my opinion, is a trade to a team that lets him play a few games and not look awful. Even if he doesn't get an NHL deal again, if he finishes strong in the NHL it would give him some bargaining power on his next deal in Europe.

Reactions: Chainshot

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Sabres aren't giving valuable assets for replacement level goaltending in a losing season.

The clear point of the thread is finding out which goalies may be available for lower level assets to keep the boat afloat.

You can have Mikko Koskinen.
Just kidding, he probably has Buffalo on his NTC. F'ing Chiarelli.

Have a thread about Geo + for Kosk +, and would send him to you at full pop for 7th and instant cap relief but not sure he would go to Buf even if we put him on waivers.

Want to do 2023 3rd + Huska for 2022 3rd?

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
The question is what are you willing to pay for it? Too many teams looking for goalie upgrades so other teams that have what you may value, the will make you pay more than you would like for it. Here is an example...

Allen for the Sabres 1st rounder (top 10 protected for one year). You won't do it. Then I wonder what else you would have that you would being willing to give? Rosen or Peterka? You can reply that Allen is not worth anymore than a 2nd but then you miss the point of supply/demand

Jake Allen and his .901 save percentage for a top 10 protected pick? And a $2.875 cap hit? What you are smoking is not from a government store. For sure. The guy might get a late second. Might. Demand is for good goalies not guys hanging on.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
So....the state of the goalie situation in Buffalo is this:

1.) Craig Anderson -- We're pretty sure he's alive. No clue about anything else. Speculation is that he's got another concussion and might be done.
2.) Dustin Tokarski -- Got the 'rona and is attempting to work his way back into game shape. He's categorized as "Week-to-week".
3.) UPL -- Something happened last night. He's week-to-week after an MRI.
4.) Malcolm Subban -- Got squished by Maroon last night and is month-to-month.

We are now employing our organizational 5 and 6 in Aaron Dell and Michael Houser.

Buffalo looks to be back in the goalie market. Yet again. What do y'all have?

Anyone want some of those sweet future considerations for a goalie that couldn't possibly be worse than Dell or Houser?

Would you do something around Mrazek for Tokarski?

Only 2 years left after this at 3.8M, could work well with UPL in a tandem until UPL is ready to be a full fledged starter.

Reactions: BFLO and Jacob582

GOilers88

#FreeMoustacheRides
Dec 24, 2016
xnRcn3c.jpg
At least we got to see the brick wall a couple times in three years. Might have been a better sell here!

member 334057

Have a thread about Geo + for Kosk +, and would send him to you at full pop for 7th and instant cap relief but not sure he would go to Buf even if we put him on waivers.
I'd think he would have to consider the Sabres as a decent option. No NHL goalies signed after this season other than UPL who is still very young and is probably going to be a back-up for at least a couple seasons. Some young goalies in the system but no one who's ready to become the starter so he would definitely get the lions share of the games I would imagine, which seems to be something he wants. Gives him a chance to start fresh on a new team with a very young core and an abundance of prospects ready to make the jump in the next year or 2. Also gives the Sabres a little more certainty in goal for the next few years if they are able to sign him for a 3 year deal or so, could be good for both sides.

Can't imagine the Sabres would say no to parting with a 7th for him or a B tier prospect like Pekar or Costantini.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
I'd think he would have to consider the Sabres as a decent option. No NHL goalies signed after this season other than UPL who is still very young and is probably going to be a back-up for at least a couple seasons. Some young goalies in the system but no one who's ready to become the starter so he would definitely get the lions share of the games I would imagine, which seems to be something he wants. Gives him a chance to start fresh on a new team with a very young core and an abundance of prospects ready to make the jump in the next year or 2. Also gives the Sabres a little more certainty in goal for the next few years if they are able to sign him for a 3 year deal or so, could be good for both sides.

Can't imagine the Sabres would say no to parting with a 7th for him or a B tier prospect like Pekar or Costantini.

If Kosk goes so he isn't stuck behind Shesty here and everybody else at the A, he is yours for acceptably cheap, you take his cap hit now.
Not a big whoop as long term we are not re-signing him but the extra 4+ cap can be useful in another deal w/a team desperate for cap before this TDL

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
As long as the add isn't something of real value, I think something like that could work.

Honestly it's probably fine straight across, Leafs need the cap relief while Mrazek's 3.8M x2 (after this season) isn't the worst contract in the world for a team like Buffalo to help transition UPL along.

Reactions: BFLO

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Delete: Poster already ate enough crap for it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad