Goal of the year Candidate - Devils

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
But...but..that's not real hockey.

people want fighting and big open ice hits. :sarcasm:

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
Has to be the craziest sequence of the year at least.

Also my god if the glove on the ice screwed up the rush.
I think it actually saved the play - if you notice, the puck had decent speed and I think the goalie may have had the chance to reach it before Palmieri/Hall

Mitts

Jun 29, 2011
Calgary
Haha, I don't know if that's goal of the year, but that sequence was awesome. Lmao, I'm a Flames fan but this vid gives me goosebumps, crowd is going nuts.

SAK11

Oct 4, 2011
The save by Vatanen was incredible. His awareness, speed and hand eye were all on display. Look at how quickly he reacts to needing to get behind his goalie on that play. White and Stone were both already celebrating.

Reactions: LAINEC

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
I feel terrible for Devils fans having to listen to Cangialosi get fixed without anesthesia 82 times a year.

Awesome goal, anyhow.

You guys have Rosen and Homer Joe. Need I say more ?
Rosen: Good play, good stick, good shot, good speed

Joe: *rambling on about a good young American player*

Rosen: Good hit, good save, good effort, good good good good ITS A POWERPLAY GOAL...

I actually don’t mind those two haha but every commentator duo has some sort of annoyance and good aspects.

Reactions: PizzaAndPucks

Lou is God

Nov 10, 2003
New Jersey
Haha, I don't know if that's goal of the year, but that sequence was awesome. Lmao, I'm a Flames fan but this vid gives me goosebumps, crowd is going nuts.
Maybe there should be a new category called "Sequence Play of the Year", or something like that. The goal alone is not goal of the year, but when you add in the just amazing defensive play by Vatanen its definitely a candidate for something of the year.

Reactions: Mitts

Avs

Bozak + 2nd
Feb 9, 2013
Illinois
That’s wild. What a sequence.

Is that not a hand pass out of the zone though? Or did it go off his skate?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad