GDT: Go to 11: Leafs @ Oilers - 7:00 PM. SNWest - Jan 16, 2024

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
I mean I get that, but that's a LOT of energy at the mid-point to end of a shift that you don't get back waiting for the puck to drop when they call the icing. Might as well conserve some energy just in case you lose the faceoff
It’s a lot easier to give a little burst to prevent an icing than it is to be hemmed in your zone off a face off loss

YakDavid

Dec 12, 2010
If Kane is hurt and if the oilers get Perry would that allow them to put him on ir or ltir to recover from whatever is bothering him?

Mr Kot

Jan 15, 2022
1677290403333351.png

onetweasy

"That's just like, your opinion, man"
Oct 16, 2005
Bowling Alley
Haven’t watched that many Leafs games this year because why the f*** would I want to do that.

That said, my take away from this viewing is that they are exactly built to flame out in Round or 1 or 2.

They play like a really good roller hockey team.

And letting a guy like Hyman walk is pure gold.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
Sam Lafferty for Desharnais would have been a good trade... but I like how Desharnais has played,

Desharnais is arguably the 4th best dman on the Oilers now.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
Oilers have dominated play but holy shit are Leafs bad at clearing puck from own zone. Just ridiculous turnovers. That team is not built for playoffs. That said the Oilers giving up way too much in rushes and its where all the leafs danger has come from and 3 posts in addition to their couple of goals.

Lately it seems Oilers playing just well enough to have a chance of winning instead of what we saw a week or two ago.

Leafs are awful defending. Did I mention that?

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Haven’t watched that many Leafs games this year because why the f*** would I want to do that.

That said, my take away from this viewing is that they are exactly built to flame out in Round or 1 or 2.

They play like a really good roller hockey team.

And letting a guy like Hyman walk is pure gold.

They don’t handle heavy forechecks well. When we have had momentum it’s been hemming them in with sustained forechecking.

Deeper in the playoffs that gets exposed.

Reactions: onetweasy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad