GDT: [GM46] Canucks vs Maple Leafs | Sat. Jan 20th, 4:00pm | HNIC | Least vs Best

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
f*** Toronto and their 4pm starts in Vancouver.

There. Got it out of the way.

The Leafs are a team you can score on, they are also a team that can score on you. Really hope our offense comes alive for this one...Martin Jones is turning into a total pumpkin again.

As bad as Kuzmenko was...we probably need him for this game.

Raistlin

Aug 25, 2006
Are they due for a Samsonov start? its been a few games where the passing is not crisp and the goals are rarer. Sammy to the rescue!

Reactions: hn777

canuckking1

Feb 8, 2015
Since we're playing the Leafs, we gotta bring up their boogeyman, Jim Hughson. Gotta say, I miss Jim Hughson calling Canucks games, especially playoff ones. It's gonna suck to be stuck with Harnarayan Singh during this postseason

Last edited:

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Since we're playing the Leafs, we gotta bring up their boogeyman, Jim Hughson. Gotta say, I miss Jim Hughson calling Canucks games, especially playoff ones. It's gonna suck to be stuck with Harnarayan Singh during this postseason

Singh will get the Oiler series so unless we play Edmonton we’ll get someone else. Probably Shorthouse.

But if we play Edmonton, the PBP situation will be absolutely vomit-inducing.

dwarf

Feb 13, 2007
Victoria, B.C.
I am praying to the hockey gods as I type this. Nothing deserves to lose more than the Leaf Media Train. I sure hope the Canucks can really get up for this one. :)

Reactions: Indiana

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Singh will get the Oiler series so unless we play Edmonton we’ll get someone else. Probably Shorthouse.

But if we play Edmonton, the PBP situation will be absolutely vomit-inducing.
"CONNNNNNNNNNNNNMMNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAWWWRRRRRRRRRRRR MAAAAAAACCCCCCCCCCCCCCDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYVIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED."

f*** it. I would rather have Mark Lee and I despise Mark Lee. Singh hasn't improved at all. He gets too excited about nothing players while being two steps behind on developing plays.

Egghead1999

Nov 9, 2007
Are they due for a Samsonov start? its been a few games where the passing is not crisp and the goals are rarer. Sammy to the rescue!
Samsonov is never due to start. The Leafs had Samsonov start one game (??) since mid-December. Jones is a workhorse now :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Don't get it with Karlsson, seems like a warm body. Not sure why they aren't looking at guys with some skill given the deficiencies on the second line.

The line they’ve had is they’ll bring up Bains and Podkolzin when there are full-time roster spots for them. I think that’s what’s going on with Karlsson. He’s an older RFA, can potentially showcase him a bit, and figure if he has a future in the organization as a role player.

If there’s some moves that open up a spot, I wouldn’t be surprised to see one of those two get the call.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
The line they’ve had is they’ll bring up Bains and Podkolzin when there are full-time roster spots for them. I think that’s what’s going on with Karlsson. He’s an older RFA, can potentially showcase him a bit, and figure if he has a future in the organization as a role player.

If there’s some moves that open up a spot, I wouldn’t be surprised to see one of those two get the call.

Haha, that's a long way to say "warm body".

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
I get it. Linus Karlsson plays a very low event kind of game where he isn't noticeable at all on both ends of the ice. He won't hurt you, but he won't help you.

Kuzmenko is a boom or bust kind of forward, who is a perpetual liability in his own zone and has been ice cold offensively this year.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
I get it. Linus Karlsson plays a very low event kind of game where he isn't noticeable at all on both ends of the ice. He won't hurt you, but he won't help you.

Kuzmenko is a boom or bust kind of forward, who is a perpetual liability in his own zone and has been ice cold offensively this year.

Yeah, I get it, but even compared to a guy like Aman, Karlsson is a big fat zero. Out of all the guys in the system, he's not much to get excited about.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC

Karlsson also plays the more mature game in terms of puck management and defensive positioning.

Bains and Podkolzin are more talented and dynamic but Bains still has rash moments where he tries to do too much instead of making the simple play and Podkolzin still has IQ issues.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Leafs playing their third game in four nights, and an early 4 p.m. start after playing a tight one in Calgary last night. Canucks should have them right where they want them.

Should be a polar opposite game to the tight-checking, boring affair against the 'Yotes last night. The Leafs play it loose, so there's likely to be a ton of goals for the HNIC viewers to enjoy.

Always a special night when the Leafs come to town, but this year it's different. Canucks are where the Leafs wannabe. So a blow out would silence those transplanted Torontonians who always fill Rogers Arena.

alternate

Win the week!
Jun 9, 2006
victoria
I've got no issues with Karlsson as our 13th forward. Think he can fill in adequately on the short term as a low event 4th liner playing a somewhat sheltered 10 minutes or whatever.

But it does speak to our need to add some quality depth before the playoffs. I've been happy with Aman's play of late, but would feel better having him as our 13th forward going I to the playoffs. 13th forward is practically a full time player come the playoffs, unless you get really lucky on the injury front (spoiler alert: we won't). Definitely a roster spot that needs upgrading before the deadline, ideally by adding to the top half of the roster and causing a trickle down.

And screw the Leaves. Hate how they never get a 7pm start time here. Their fans can't stay up late on a Saturday night? Need to get in their jammies and get all tucked in with their little stuffy bears I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad