Post-Game Talk: [GM19] Canucks defeat Sharks | 3-1 (Hughes, Lafferty, & Miller) | Shark Livers Are Tasty

LemonSauceD

Instigator
Sponsor
Jul 31, 2015
Vancouver
source.gif
f*** man she’s got me acting up

canuckking1

Feb 8, 2015
Win didn't inspire confidence. Team is struggling to generate at ES like they were before. Shots from the outside and point mixed in with some Hughes brilliance

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
i was struck by how much time and space and chances beauvillier had tonight.. it seems the line between beauvillier being an nhl impact player and the player he is roughly correlates to the difference between san jose and a good team.

Reactions: Josepho

SelltheTeamFrancesco

Aug 11, 2015
I think it's mostly because they elevated Blueger. Lafferty and PDG barely played in the 3rd.

Lafferty:
4 Shifts (2:28 TOI)

Di Giuseppe:
3 Shifts (2:29 TOI)
Did they not elevate Beauvillier and keep the third line the same. And then just dropped Laff and PDG. But why did the switch Beauvillier and PDG is my question?

SelltheTeamFrancesco

Aug 11, 2015
Win didn't inspire confidence. Team is struggling to generate at ES like they were before. Shots from the outside and point mixed in with some Hughes brilliance
I agree with you for the first two periods but they generated a lot of chances in the third. A lot of them were in the slot and around the net.

Reactions: Indiana

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
this was not like prior games where i agree that has been ansd issue. the team had lots of chances at es but did not convert. san jose is bad enough that the chances could be entirely due to them, but i think it was a case of the canucks playing an efficient patient game.

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
How did Harry wind up with that full head of hair and poor poor William is catching "sexiest bald man alive" awards?

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
It's weird. Beauvillier had more icetime in the 3rd than the previous two and I didn't think he was particularly effective. PDG not distinguished himself, however.

we had a lead, and maybe tochett is motivated to pump beau's tires to help allvin get rid of him.

Moar Ray Ferraro plz.
i think ferraro is stale and i think tomlinson was getting better.

team tomlinson here.

God

Free Citizen
Apr 2, 2007
Vancouver
It's weird. Beauvillier had more icetime in the 3rd than the previous two and I didn't think he was particularly effective. PDG not distinguished himself, however.
Probably the coaching staff trying to get him going in the midst of PDG and Lafferty only being ok after 2 periods.

Reactions: Vector

JanBulisPiggyBack

Dec 31, 2011
think Toccet was just trying out some different combos considering this game was tilted our way and San Jose didn’t threaten much.
Definitely feels like we need another impact winger up front eventually, I have no problem with PDG playing with Miller and Boes but imagine how effective our bottom six would be with him down there

Reactions: B-rock and Indiana

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Solid win. SJ has been better lately and it was never going to be 10-1 again. Handily outshot/outchanced them and stayed the course when things could have gone haywire, especially after the Hoglander penalty.

- coaches will be furious with that Hoglander penalty. I thought 5 minutes was a bit harsh but you simply can’t lose your cool like that in a 1-goal game.

- Joshua was awesome. He’s been a horse in the last couple weeks. So strong on the puck, great on the PK.

- Juulsen was … less bad. Not looking forward to watching him against Colorado but tonight was passable.

- Myers had a brief regression to Bad Myers in the first but pulled it together.

- JT Miller could have had 4 or 5 points tonight, lots of chances, probably the best player on the ice. Really carrying the team with Pettersson struggling.

- Blueger is snakebit but played a great game.

- Demko was rock solid after a few iffy performances recently.

- Beauvillier wishes he could play SJ every night. The two Sharks games have been his best of the season by a mile, need to see that level of compete more consistently.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad