GDT: GM08 | Vancouver Canucks vs Carolina Hurricanes | Mon. Oct 28th | 7pm PST | SNP | Time for a Challenge

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Svechnikov - Aho - Roslovic
Robinson - Kotkaniemi - Necas
Martinook - Staal - Jarvis
Carrier - Drury - Blake

Slavin - Burns
Gosthisbehere - Walker
Orlov - Chatfield

Andersen
Kochetkov

Meh not that scary anymore
They're still a very good team. How the Canes play, they don't really need name brand players on lines 2-4. They just need guys to commit to RBA's system. And that's what they have.

People in the offseason were saying the Canes were massive losers and going to take a step back. I didn't really think so. They're 5-2 and one of those games was just a normal Canes loss where they absolutely blitzed the Blues but got goalied (both ways).
At first glance it looks like that, and they aren't what they were.

But that third line is a buzz saw with some skill and Drury and Carrier are both big, strong, and hard to create space against.

The D's demise has also been exaggerated.

I predict a win but only if we play really well, Carolina won't be handing us anything.
Drury and Carrier are low key useful players. Seth Jarvis is a two-way demon.

The blueline has basically been humming along without any interruption. If anything, Ghost gives them an element that they didn't have last season.

They play a certain way because of RBA and get the results.

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
I have Lankinen, Skinner and Hill in my fantasy all playing today and I have to bench one.

I don't want to bet against our dudes but we have the toughest matchup.

Oilers @ CBJ (albeit Oilers on a B2B)
Vegas hosting CAL

What do I do? :(

ManVanFan

Mar 28, 2024
I have Lankinen, Skinner and Hill in my fantasy all playing today and I have to bench one.

Vegas hosting CAL

I have Horvat. He sucks.

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009

Vegas hosting CAL

I have Hill too - there’s a chance Samsonov plays so you might have to wait til closer to game time (who knows)

Otherwise, yeah I’d play Skinner and Hill. Two hot ish teams. We usually play either great or terrible against Carolina so I’d play the odds

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I would guess Silovs gets the NJ game. No b2b for a while so need to get him into a game. Closing in on 2 weeks by then.

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
this will be a good test for that brannstrom/desharnais pairing. if they can be effective against the carolina forecheck they are probably for real
Agreed. Key to success will be Desharnais getting it to Brannstrom and Brannstrom breaking it out quickly. They’ll get into trouble if they can’t get it out cleanly. Carolina loves to pressure hard and force you to dump it off the wall so they can collect it and re enter.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Feel like the Canes are a better opponent for Silovs to regain confidence since they tend spam more lower % shots and have less high end finishers compared to NJ but we'll see.

Reactions: theguardianII

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
Feel like the Canes are a better opponent for Silovs to regain confidence since they tend spam more lower % shots and have less high end finishers compared to NJ but we'll see.
The stats are pretty much the same for each team but the Canes are on a road trip winning streak too.
They might feel they have done enough and relax their game a bit.

But the Canucks can't start like they have the last couple of games, this team has three lines that can score.

Forbort and Deharnais may have a tough night

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC

Fine idea but just don't see the team going away from the hot hand.

Barring a fall-off from Lankinen, I imagine Silovs gets in next Tuesday in Anaheim.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad