Pre-Game Talk: GM08 | Vancouver Canucks vs Carolina Hurricanes | Mon. Oct 28th | 7pm PST | SNP | Time for a Challenge

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Waiving Aman and keeping Bains would leave only four guys on the roster that are capable of playing centre. I can't envision Aman being waived unless they want to recall Raty.

Is Aman actually a centre? He can fill the position defensively but isn’t a playmaker and not good at face-offs.

Kryten

slightly regarded
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
Kootenays
Maybe Petey needs to eat some of them Guatemala insanity peppers.
waocwR.gif

giphy.gif

Reactions: valkynax

Blue and Green

Out to lunch
Dec 17, 2017
Is Aman actually a centre? He can fill the position defensively but isn’t a playmaker and not good at face-offs.
That's been the position where he's seen the majority of his deployment. And once you get past Miller, Pettersson, Blueger and Suter there's no other forward on the roster besides Aman who has any NHL experience at centre; they're pure wingers.

LemonSauceD

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 31, 2015
Vancouver
That's been the position where he's seen the majority of his deployment. And once you get past Miller, Pettersson, Blueger and Suter there's no other forward on the roster besides Aman who has any NHL experience at centre; they're pure wingers.
Aman pretty much has been a winger since Tocchet has been coach. I don’t even view him as a center, I’m not sure the organization really does either.

I’ve always been curious though why they never tried Joshua at center. He was a natural center and had been until he became a Canuck.

Blue and Green

Out to lunch
Dec 17, 2017
Aman pretty much has been a winger since Tocchet has been coach. I don’t even view him as a center, I’m not sure the organization really does either.

I’ve always been curious though why they never tried Joshua at center. He was a natural center and had been until he became a Canuck.
I think Joshua started out playing a fair bit of centre in St. Louis but was then switched over mostly to wing. I guess he would be the next option in a pinch.

SopelFanThe3rd

Cock of the Walk
Oct 25, 2020
Your Mother's House.
Svechnikov - Aho - Roslovic
Robinson - Kotkaniemi - Necas
Martinook - Staal - Jarvis
Carrier - Drury - Blake

Slavin - Burns
Gosthisbehere - Walker
Orlov - Chatfield

Andersen
Kochetkov

Meh not that scary anymore

alternate

Win the week!
Jun 9, 2006
victoria
He's played 4 games, mostly against very bad teams.

He's looked good but throwing him straight into 20 minutes of high-leverage would to me be a bit ridiculous.

Yeah going right to 20+ minutes wouldn't be the next step. But Soucy isn't playing well, so shuffling the bottom 4 (5 with Forbort I guess) around a bit and having 2 18 minute pairings behind H/H is something to look at.

Won't happen tomorrow night, but imo it is time to give Brannstrom a bit more time and responsibility and see how it goes. But I'm meaning 16+ mins, not 20.

Really though, next step for Bran Van 3000 is to see how he looks on the right.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad