Pre-Game Talk: GM08 | Vancouver Canucks vs Carolina Hurricanes | Mon. Oct 28th | 7pm PST | SNP | Time for a Challenge

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
Think they're gonna take Desharnais out and sub Forbort back in, moving Brannstrom to the right side.

I don't agree with that but I'm willing to give it a chance.

I'm okay with that if only to see whether Brannstrom can play on his off side. If he can, it lets us be a little more flexible on acquiring a LD or RD to, hopefully, push either one of Soucy/Myers down.

AlainVigneaultsGum

Holidays in two days
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2012
Calgary, AB
Think they're gonna take Desharnais out and sub Forbort back in, moving Brannstrom to the right side.

I don't agree with that but I'm willing to give it a chance.

If they're absolutely deadset on getting Forbort back in, this is the way to go. If Brannstrom looks as good on the right as he does the left, that's huge and gives us a lot of flexibility like BE said.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Does anyone know why these sometimes a discrepancy between Natural Stat Trick’s stats and NHL.com? At All Strength’s NST has Sherwood at 48 hits while NHL.com has him at 50. I’ve noticed this before with other counting stats as well.

LemonSauceD

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 31, 2015
Vancouver
Overall, I was not impressed with last nights game.

We scored 4 goals while Pittsburgh imploded for 13 minutes but our defensive coverages were absolutely terrible. There were times we dominated 2-3 shifts but a bad defensive zone play kept screwing our momentum and gave them perfect scoring chances.

We play like that against any decent team we would have been blown out.

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
This is gonna be done like 40 times this year Lol

As it should! They should eke out whatever competitive advantage they could get. I'm glad to see them doing this cause they understand the compounding nature of every dollar by the time the deadline rolls around.

We're getting close to the end of Bains though with Joshua days away from returning and Forbort returning from leave.

Reactions: arttk and kanucks25

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
I'd almost say move Brannstrom up for Soucy and see if he can handle a bigger role. Bit of a gamble but he's playing very well at the moment and Soucy, well, isn't.
If Brannstrom can pair with Myers, having Soucy on the bottom pairing would be a pretty big win. He can certainly handle those matchups, at least one hopes. But it is more and more clear that we need to see an LD upgrade during the season to push everyone down a spot. Defensive depth is beyond necessary, so it isn't bad that we have the players we have, but right now this D-Corps won't get it done in the playoffs.

Reactions: Bourne Endeavor

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
Hopefully that goal will allow Petey to get out of his head.

He needs to do more Ayahuasca than he's currently doing, but less Ayahuasca than Aaron Rodgers. It's a delicate balance.
Actual footage of Miller guiding EP through his slump

1730054388626.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad