GDT: GM07 | Vancouver Canucks vs Pittsburgh Penguins | Sat. Oct 26th | 7pm PST | HNIC | Kevin Corsby

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003

Tocchet wearing a fuzzy hoodie is absolutely hilarious to me

1729956010423.jpeg

thecupismine

Apr 1, 2007
Too much time between games early in the season. In theory its good for getting things done in practice, but also made people playing up a whole ton of nothing (scrums in practice) to fill air time.

Can't watch tonight, but expecting a 4-3 W. Sid + Malkin combine for a couple, but the Canucks offense stays rolling.

PavelBure10

The Russian Rocket
Aug 25, 2009
Okanagan
Finally some Canucks hockey again, 4 days inbetween games is ridiculous. It makes Canuck junkies like me get extra antsy. Happy to see Hoglander and Garland stapled to Peteys line. If that doesn't get Pettersson moving then I don't know what will. Hopefully the Canucks can hold off a embarrassed Penguins team that will be looking to redeem themselves. Should be a ultra competitive game. I'm looking forward to it.

Decking myself out in my authentic white Bure rookie jersey and a black skate hat. I'll be ready to go.

Go Canucks

Reactions: Lindgren and Regal

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
6-4 Canucks

Miller Hughes Sherwood Debrusk Boeser Hoglander

Pettersson 0 pts and Crosby cross checks him and calls him a baby after he looks pouty when Hoglander scores from Garland and Hughes

• Haha
Reactions: AlainVigneaultsGum

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
5-3 Nucks. 3-0 start from Hogs, Blueger and Boeser that Sid, Malkin and Beauvillier take away, followed by a late Miller goal and Pettersson EN.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
You never want to play a team thats just been embarrassed the night before..In years past, this would be a game the Canucks would likely lose.

However, the Penguins are not the powerhouse they were in the last decade, and a half..If the Canucks stick to their script, they should win.

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
I've liked Petey the last couple of games as well, he's holding onto the puck and actually skating with it and moving around without the puck. It was cool to see him dangle through some players as well, I think Petey's going to be fine. I hope Tocchet gives him some leash with Garland because I think they could gel as they get more reps together. This market has weirdly dismissed Garland as a top 6 player and thinks that only 1 player per line should be a puck handler, yet we've seen opponents that have top lines with multiple players who like carrying the puck and they seem just fine. They just need to be given enough time to get used to each other.

I'd still like to see Petey more aggressive on the powerplay. Like even a gifted playmaker like Kucherov is always ready to blast a one-timer when any of his teammates have the puck, then once the pass is delivered he decides if he's gonna fire a one timer or fake a one timer and make a cross ice pass. It's so simple yet effective and much better than just holding onto the puck. I feel like Petey looks surprised by passes he receives on the powerplay sometimes when he could've easily have shot a dangerous one timer.

That's one area where Boeser has really improved, he's always ready to shoot.
I haven't seen that at all, personally. They've only "dismissed" Garland as a top 6 player on this team specifically purely because he's struggled to gel with Miller or Pettersson (EXCEPT when Pettersson's been abysmal/not doing anything) and it always feels like a stylistic mismatch (not because they're puck carriers, but because Garland previously had a tendency to tunnel-vision).

I'm crossing my fingers that this current stretch might be different and they might finally click, but there's a pretty good reason it's been that way up to this point, IMO.
The colour scheme is objectively better. I mean, you are telling me that this isn't kino?
View attachment 920631
Yeah. Looks garish and ugly, IMO.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad