Pre-Game Talk: GM07 | Vancouver Canucks vs Pittsburgh Penguins | Sat. Oct 26th | 7pm PST | HNIC | Kevin Corsby

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
There was not a fight, two testosterone fueled competitive athletes battled hard in practice. This is such a non story. The drama is being spun to generate ad revenue for a failing media industry
Oh ya. You see it?

While not necessarily a knock down scuffle it was a lot more than a push or a shove or talking sweetly with each other.

Combined with the muzzled rumours of the room not being all happy happy joy joy and them all not going out for a drink or dinner or anything at all off the ice. Well they need not be friends right?

Miller and Schenn were buds right? Horvat was a Miller fan right? Miller NEVER smashed his stick and yelled at a teammate on the ice right?

Tocchet never has EVER complained about Pettersson's game, right?

Do you actually believe the team has no control over who attends a practice or has ANY access to their fiefdom?

The best thing for fans might be the end of the monopoly of Rogers controlling so much media. But then that would be bad for selling tickets if truth is told.

Winning covers up much so does goal keeping but they are human beings and not all human beings get along with each other. It is even more so when stakes are high like emotions like envy or entitlement or just damn competition.

sometimes they just play well together I am sure the forum has heard that phrase before.

Couldn't agree more. Seems like a lot of people either have never played sports competitively or have forgotten what it's actually like.

If this happened between Soucy and Blueger it probably wouldn't even get mentioned.
Apples and Oranges. Dogs and Cats have about the same comparisons to those examples.

I apologize for derailing this thread these comments are better suited to the management thread.

This is a game thread.

DFAC

Jan 19, 2008
Vancouver
I don't know why Aman is on the team instead of Raty - Aman literally brings nothing to the table.

41% on faceoffs, 7th in PK TOI..... what am I missing here?

He's the easy guy coming out when Joshua comes back. Roll with a 4th line of Joshua-Suter-Sprong

Reactions: Grantham

ephmrl

5th overall.
Nov 26, 2011
Victoria, BC
Oh ya. You see it?

While not necessarily a knock down scuffle it was a lot more than a push or a shove or talking sweetly with each other.

Combined with the muzzled rumours of the room not being all happy happy joy joy and them all not going out for a drink or dinner or anything at all off the ice. Well they need not be friends right?

Miller and Schenn were buds right? Horvat was a Miller fan right? Miller NEVER smashed his stick and yelled at a teammate on the ice right?

Tocchet never has EVER complained about Pettersson's game, right?

Do you actually believe the team has no control over who attends a practice or has ANY access to their fiefdom?

The best thing for fans might be the end of the monopoly of Rogers controlling so much media. But then that would be bad for selling tickets if truth is told.

Winning covers up much so does goal keeping but they are human beings and not all human beings get along with each other. It is even more so when stakes are high like emotions like envy or entitlement or just damn competition.

sometimes they just play well together I am sure the forum has heard that phrase before.

Apples and Oranges. Dogs and Cats have about the same comparisons to those examples.

I apologize for derailing this thread these comments are better suited to the management thread.

This is a game thread.
Battling hard in drills and chirping amongst teammates in practice is extremely common in competitive sports. The skirmish between Pettersson and Miller is a complete nothingburger to anyone who played sports growing up and understands the dynamics of a team-based sport and how teammates motivate each other to perform better.

Reactions: arttk

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
I don't know why Aman is on the team instead of Raty - Aman literally brings nothing to the table.

41% on faceoffs, 7th in PK TOI..... what am I missing here?

He's the easy guy coming out when Joshua comes back. Roll with a 4th line of Joshua-Suter-Sprong

He's actually 8th in forward PK TOI. Has only played 4 games, though. Still, over two extra games that probably only bumps him up to 6th or 7th. Strangely, he's undefeated in PK faceoffs (1/1).

Yeah, a Joshua-Suter-Sprong 4th line would be a lot of fun and probably pretty damn effective. The bigger strangeness is why Suter hasn't been playing centre at all. He's taking less face-offs than Boeser.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
There was not a fight, two testosterone fueled competitive athletes battled hard in practice. This is such a non story. The drama is being spun to generate ad revenue for a failing media industry

The Miller-Pettersson thing is a nothingburger but it's acted as a spark to ignite 8 months of the festering Pettersson situation that the media and fanbase has mostly gone *incredibly* soft on to this point.

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
Battling hard in drills and chirping amongst teammates in practice is extremely common in competitive sports. The skirmish between Pettersson and Miller is a complete nothingburger to anyone who played sports growing up and understands the dynamics of a team-based sport and how teammates motivate each other to perform better.
Remember Jordan talking about how he was slapping Kerr practice? This is really nothing.

If this was like Green punching the shit out of Poole then yeah we have issues.

Reactions: ephmrl

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad