Pre-Game Talk: GM07 | Vancouver Canucks vs Pittsburgh Penguins | Sat. Oct 26th | 7pm PST | HNIC | Kevin Corsby

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
Pickle Time Deli & Market
I've never heard any reason people like it beyond "it reminds me of my childhood/early 20s" or "the black is intimidating".
The colour scheme is objectively better. I mean, you are telling me that this isn't kino?
1729717444890.jpeg

Although, I love the millionaires jerseys the most. Not everything has to be about what the city is about. Now if they actually made the first nations jerseys the actual jerseys that would be way cooler than just the orca.
1729717688111.jpeg

ManVanFan

Mar 28, 2024
We don't really have the depth for something like that to happen, IMO. At least one of those guys are likely to remain on the 3rd line even in a best case scenario.

I'm guessing your hope is that Joshua and Suter push them down, but who would be the third guy?

Could maybe see something like this, though, I suppose:

DeBrusk - Miller - Boeser
Hoglander - Pettersson - Garland
Joshua - Suter - Heinen
Aman/Sprong - Blueger - Sherwood

Personally, I've never really bought the narrative that Suter is a better 3C than Blueger.
The idea would be to add a top 6 forward

ManVanFan

Mar 28, 2024
We don't really have the depth for something like that to happen, IMO. At least one of those guys are likely to remain on the 3rd line even in a best case scenario.

I'm guessing your hope is that Joshua and Suter push them down, but who would be the third guy?

Could maybe see something like this, though, I suppose:

DeBrusk - Miller - Boeser
Hoglander - Pettersson - Garland
Joshua - Suter - Heinen
Aman/Sprong - Blueger - Sherwood

Personally, I've never really bought the narrative that Suter is a better 3C than Blueger.
One more player isn't bad. All you'd have to do is get a better top 9 player than Heinen and the 3rd line is now the 4th line. Lekkerimaki?? Haha

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Huh, you tagging in for backup after being destroyed by facts and logic? :nono::box::pb:

He's one of the biggest fans I know of the skate and colour scheme but he knows that the colour scheme the Canucks use isn't the one you actually all rave about.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Canucks catching the Pens on a back-to-back. In a perfect world, the Pens and Oilers go to OT on Friday night......and the Pens fly out late, arriving in VanCity in the wee hours of the morning.

When you catch a break with a tired team, you have to bring the hammer down. Might be one of the last times Canuck fans get to see Crosby and Malkin on the ice together though.

Reactions: Vector

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
He's one of the biggest fans I know of the skate and colour scheme but he knows that the colour scheme the Canucks use isn't the one you actually all rave about.

Not a fan of the retro new stripes. Should have at least matched the originals they were to mirror.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
I agree that the best skate jersey is the true vintage colour set (red or orange), which was last worn in their 50th anniversary season, I think. The current black skate alternates are a "modernized" take on it. It's still nice (to me, suck it, @Vector), but not as good as the classics.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I agree that the best skate jersey is the true vintage colour set (red or orange), which was last worn in their 50th anniversary season, I think. The current black skate alternates are a "modernized" take on it. It's still nice (to me, suck it, @Vector), but not as good as the classics.
Similar to that redone rink logo jersey with the 2 thick green stripes, not vibing with the thick neon yellow and red stripes.

Have noticed that the trend is to go thicker on the stripes, like with NJ's red and LA Kings with their chevy logo ones this season.

Reactions: Mr. Canucklehead

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
I’m not sure why some are putting Sherwood on the fourth line. I’d like to see him on the third line as he’s been one of our most effective all round forwards. Hits anything that moves and has been great at getting possession of the puck in the O zone. He seems like a guy ready to play a bigger role.

Lat

Oct 12, 2005
Similar to that redone rink logo jersey with the 2 thick green stripes, not vibing with the thick neon yellow and red stripes.

Have noticed that the trend is to go thicker on the stripes, like with NJ's red and LA Kings with their chevy logo ones this season.
Yes, I much prefer the older skate jersey with the thin red stripe as compared to the fat red and fat yellow. Same with the yellow vs black background on the skate. Maybe it's just nostalgia talking though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad