Pre-Game Talk: GM07 | Vancouver Canucks vs Pittsburgh Penguins | Sat. Oct 26th | 7pm PST | HNIC | Kevin Corsby

Bojack Horvatman

IAMGROOT
Jun 15, 2016
Yay. A game that’s on when I’m not working.
IMG_0263.gif

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Keep riding the hot hand with Lankinen, I would think.

Always special when Sid is in town, and I'm sure he'll once again be the most dangerous Pens player on the ice. Hope we can overcome that and get our first home win of the season.
I think they should, though Silovs should get a game on one of these 3 games on this homestand. Give him a few days to work with the goalie coaches. Canucks don't have a B2B until Nov 16/17 but those are home games. Not until Nov 26/27 in Bos/Pitt is a road B2B.

Reactions: HockeyWooot

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
Pickle Time Deli & Market
The Soucy - Myers pairing needs to be broken up or they need to figure out a way to play better. They don't pass the eye test and they certainly do not pass the advanced stats test. For example:

Amongst defensemen that have played 50 TOI 5on5 they rank out of 192 skaters:

8 - Hughes 65.79 xGF%
22 - Hronek 60.10 xGF%
135 - Desharnais 45.63 xGF%
179 - Myers 35.59 xGF%
186 - Soucy 32.80 xGF%

Since the call up of Brannstrom and the Desharnais they have played a lot better
Desharnais now has a 46.61 xGF% and 53.45 CF%
So that pairing has improved quite a bit and pretty much directly tracks the eye test as well. But the Soucy - Myers pairing is getting eaten alive.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
Keep riding the hot hand with Lankinen, I would think.

Always special when Sid is in town, and I'm sure he'll once again be the most dangerous Pens player on the ice. Hope we can overcome that and get our first home win of the season.

Malkin is looking like he's determined to pull a Jagr.

And we have our original draft target in....Cody Glass.

Plus their secret weapon...Anthony Beauvillier...

And the plot thickens...

- dramatic suspense music -

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
They are wearing their skate jersey 18/41 home games this year. They only wore it 15 times last year.

I still think they will transition to the skate full-time next year. Perhaps as soon as these playoffs as their home jersey.

They won't be changing their home jersey for the playoffs.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
They are wearing their skate jersey 18/41 home games this year. They only wore it 15 times last year.

I still think they will transition to the skate full-time next year. Perhaps as soon as these playoffs as their home jersey.
Nah. I think they will wear them enough to keep people buying them. Teams know a segment of the fanbase still likes the skate. Same with some LA fans that like the Gold/Purple look. Even some Sabres fans like the black/red combo.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017

The franchise started 54 years ago with the blue/green livery, and from here on in, it should stick with that.

Looking at the different colour of Canuck banners hanging from the rafters at Rogers looks awkward/ tainted...It would have been so much better if we'd stuck with one colour scheme.

StickShift

In a pickle 🥒
Feb 29, 2004
New York
Those are the exact same colour schemes. Canucks are not changing over their entire rink to match a new colour scheme.

Ah damn it. Fixed.
I think the color of the building, rink, seats, etc. can be separate from the jersey.

Nah. I think they will wear them enough to keep people buying them. Teams know a segment of the fanbase still likes the skate. Same with some LA fans that like the Gold/Purple look. Even some Sabres fans like the black/red combo.
Switch to skates full-time for 1-2 seasons and sell the hell out of the white skate—then re-introduce the yellow skate, or red skate, or purple orca, or blue orca as throwbacks.

They have no shortage of alternate options should they choose to keep the fan base buying New Jerseys.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad