GDT: GM04 | Vancouver Canucks @ Florida Panthers | Thurs. Oct 17th | 4pm PST | SNP | I Am Not Entertained

thecupismine

Apr 1, 2007
I really liked Juulsen when he came in as a 7th d last year, as he appeared to realize he needed to simplify his game to stick. Thought the playoffs were an anomoly based on not seeing the ice much.

However, it looks like that stretch was the anomoly and that playoff form is just who he is. We can't be having the bottom pair make horrendous decisions that gift the opposition goals.

Continuously getting out of position to allow odd man rushes for a 50/50 shot at a hit is the equivalent of Sprong standing at the opponents blueline waiting for a breakaway pass, except the cherry picking might actually result in something meaningful while the hit is not much better than a pokecheck.

After they signed Forbert in the offseason I was hoping they'd bring in Brannstrom as a stop gap puck mover until they made a move at the deadline. Hopefully he shows well today, they just need him to play 13 minutes of sound ES hockey in relatively soft minutes (Hronek, Soucy, Myers, Vinny should be able to handle all the PK minutes with Hughes getting the last 10-15 seconds if necessary).

Nick Lang

May 14, 2015
Walking away from Zadorov was the right decision then, as it is today. It's a whole other discussion that signing Desharnais for 2 million is not a good allotment of salary, but signing a #5 defensemen that can pinch in as your #4 here and there who is turning 30 soon for 5 million aav with term is just objectively not a good idea.

5 mil for a third line LD. :laugh: He's already found the bottom of the lineup there. Horrible signing lol. The only reason the Bruins can do it is they have a bunch of nobodies all throughout their forwards.

Florida is emmeshed in a Stanley Cup hangover, they'll be missing Barkov and probably Tkachuk.

Should be ripe or the plucking......but unfortunately the Canucks aren't 'plucking anyone' right now.

@SopelFanThe3rd I can see why you're not excited yet :pickle:

Last edited:
Reactions: LordBacon

SelltheTeamFrancesco

Aug 11, 2015
4-1 Canucks. Hoping to see Desharnais get back in the lineup. Also, keep Bains in the lineup.Thought he played well even thought they put him in a position to fail. Put him in the bottom six.

Last edited:

Back in 94

In Gillis I trust
Jul 21, 2007
Pretty sad state of affairs when Hronek has more hits than the rest of the defense COMBINED. It just shows, players aren't willing to sacrifice their bodies right now this early in the season to win games. I think they have the Oilers mentality from last season to start slow and pace themselves, stay healthy and hope to catch fire in the second half.
On a side note I've been really impressed with his defensive game this season.

Reactions: Nick Lang

Deeds26

Nov 11, 2006
I've never actually played a game of ice hockey, only lots of floor hockey.

However, I am a fantastic curler and strategize well, therefore I am putting in my application to coach the HF Canuck squad we are building in this thread.

Edit: I will cry and possibly quit the first time Vector yells at me like he is known to do.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Ill be back up goalie to Mossey, since im more prone to letting rubber in behind me

yNkerN.gif

Reactions: wonton15 and Kryten

ephmrl

5th overall.
Nov 26, 2011
Victoria, BC
I'm interested in seeing who they pair Brannstrom with for the game tonight. I believe pairing him with Myers or Desharnais would be an upgrade on what they've deployed over the first three games of the season. Team desperately needs more puck movement from the backend at 5 on 5.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
I suspect it'll be Brannstrom and Myers...,.,..that's a pairing that could work.

But it'll be 'trial by fire'. Even without Barkov and Tkachuk, the Panthers are one of the hardest forechecking teams in the league.

Reactions: theguardianII

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Ah yes....the same Gustav Forsling....a fifth round draft pick by the Canucks in 2014 (126th overall).

Maybe Brannstrom can still carve out a career that mirrors his.? Although checking Hockey DB, Forsling is listed at 6'1", 199. Didn't ever think he was that big, and Brannsrom is a lot smaller at 5'10" and 185.

But the Canucks are owed a break.....if they keep picking up d-men in trades and the UFA market.

Canuckle1970

Mar 24, 2010
Okay, so they're now 4 days on the east coast, so the time change drump is gone. No Barkov & Tkachuk for the Panthers.
This is the Nucks first win of the season. :thumbu:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad