Pre-Game Talk: GM04 | Vancouver Canucks @ Florida Panthers | Thurs. Oct 17th | 4pm PST | SNP | I Am Not Entertained

credulous

Nov 18, 2021
i'd like to see some combination of pettersson, miller, boeser, debrusk, garland and i guess hoglander (at least until joshua is back) in the top 6 and i don't care at all about the bottom six. it's time to load up two lines rather than hoping fringe players like heinen, sprong and bains can cut it

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
This is not a coincidence. When he’s played, Tocchet for some reason thinks he can go from decent AHL scorer to top line in the NHL beside Miller. It makes whatever line he plays on ineffective. He shouldn’t even be up here tbh - I’d rather play Aman as he stays in the bottom 6.

Agreed. I don't get it. The guy clearly has a bottom-six winger ceiling optimistically, yet they throw him to the wolves on far too many occasions with a top-six role well above his head. PDG should blatantly be ahead of him on the depth chart.

Tocchet clearly is good on systems, and has proven capable with some personnel, but too often his personnel decisions are baffling both at forward and on defense.

Reactions: wonton15

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Florida is emmeshed in a Stanley Cup hangover, they'll be missing Barkov and probably Tkachuk.

Should be ripe or the plucking......but unfortunately the Canucks aren't 'plucking anyone' right now.

Reactions: Raistlin

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
This is not a coincidence. When he’s played, Tocchet for some reason thinks he can go from decent AHL scorer to top line in the NHL beside Miller. It makes whatever line he plays on ineffective. He shouldn’t even be up here tbh - I’d rather play Aman as he stays in the bottom 6.

He's just not an NHL player. Period. He'll be an AHL tweener forever.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Cant say i agree about Bains. Thought he had a decent game. 3 hits a takeaway and 2 shot attempts. Was pretty stuck in

Was thrown to the wolves last season too. Would be a lot better for all involved to ease him in on a 3/4 line rather than demand at least .5ppg in the top6. Cant say i even ever thought that was his ceiling

A lot of conclusion being made from small samples. Bains being there says more about Heinen and Sprong doing nothing so far. Bains Blueger Sherwood i would like to see

Reactions: Lindgren and MS

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Last year Allvin 'hit' on all the the depth UFA signings, as well some of the depth guys he brought in via the trade route.

This year? Not off as good start so far. Sprong scratched after only two games; and Heinen is all but invisible out there. Sherwood is showing some nice energy, and has a emerged a decent PK'er. But offense is almost nonexistent.

Debrusk has had his moments.......but supposedly he was brought in to get Pettersson going....and so far that hasn't really happened either.

But that's the problem when you're signing six or seven UFA's every year. Sometimes it all fits together seamlessly. But more often than not, it just creates discombobulation--at last initially.

DFAC

Jan 19, 2008
Vancouver
I would attach Garland to Pettersson to get both going until you get Joshua up to speed. i dont think it's a good idea to move 40 and Debrusk away from each other. You just signed these 2 to massive term to work together and after 3 games your gonna abandon it because you cant figure out lines elsewhere?
Could also slot Brannstrom with Desharnais and keep Soucy Myers together to see how that looks
Sherwood i would like to see in a more prominent agitation match up role. Him and Blueger are always creating havoc add Hoglander for some scoring ability

Heinen Miller Boeser
Debrusk Pettersson Garland
Hoglander Blueger Sherwood
Bains Suter Sprong

Hughes Hronek
Forbort Myers
Soucy Brannstrom

I like this but I would reunite Suter with Miller and Boeser. It's proven to be effective before and IIRC was one of the best lines in hockey for a while from an analytical pov.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Its 3 games what are you taking about. The top 11 out of 12 scorers from last year are back

In a cap world you gotta move off guys looking to get paid or not working out

Lindholm Zadorov went for the big bag and were in season additions. Lafferty and Cole less so but they did.
Mikhayev and Kuzmenko were not working out at their cap hits. Do wish Kuzmenko could have a touch more buy in as he's got 125pts in 157 games in the NHL and had some sick chemistry with EP40 in the neutral and offensive zone

I like this but I would reunite Suter with Miller and Boeser. It's proven to be effective before and IIRC was one of the best lines in hockey for a while from an analytical pov.
With Raty in Abby Suter is gonna have to play down the middle

Reactions: Baby Pettersson

LemonSauceD

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 31, 2015
Vancouver
Debrusk-Miller-Boeser
Hoglander-Pettersson-Garland
I don’t-Give AF-Who
Slots-Here-Sherwood

Send Bains down to the AHL and don’t call him up unless there’s 4 or 5 injuries. PDG should be first call up.

Hughes-Hronek
Soucy-Myers
Freidman-Desharnais
Brannstrom
Forbort

Get Juulsen off this team permanently.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad