Post-Game Talk: GM04 | Vancouver Canucks defeat Florida Panthers in OT | 3-2 (Blueger, Hughes, & Miller) | Very Entertained!

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
sherwood is a monster. 10 hits leads the team through 4 games with 16. once joshua comes back that could help. petey was a bit better today. drew 3 panthers towards him and dished it to hronek for a chance. hughes man oh man what a rocket. lankien should start from here on out until he loses one. through 2 games hes been solid.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
Just got done watching the replay. Lankinen made his case for becoming the #2 goalie when Demko returns. Silvos has got some major hand/eye tracking problems.

Ya. Lankinen at his point in his career is an unproven 1A/1B goaltender. He should have gotten the opportunity last season but didn't. He is good.

Silovs has the mentality and athletic ability to be a "big game" goaltender but he is still technically flawed and has trouble tracking the puck. I've said this before, Silovs needs to turn into a Eddie Lack. Lack, like Silovs, was an athletic goalie with size who was over-reactive and needed to learn to use his size and stay in position.

Reactions: CanuckCity and Flik

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
Probably still a year or two away from hitting his

Everything up to and including Americana is great. This is my favorite of theirs;

Smash was the first cd I ever owned.

I remember listening to bad habit as a youngster and turning down the volume towards the end so my parents wouldn't hear the cursing.

• Love
Reactions: AlainVigneaultsGum

Russian_fanatic

Jan 19, 2004
Boeser next to EP - Soft, can't score, useless, shell of his former self

Debrusk next to EP - Bruins where right, third option on a line

Boeser next to Miller - 40 goal scorer, regained his form

Debrusk next to Miller - Bargain contract, exactly what we needed

Anyone seeing a trend here? EP has gotta look himself in the mirror. He's a top 10 talent in the NHL. Great players make those around them better, and produce no matter what.

Brannstrom should stay on the team.

He's not a top 4 guy, but he has puck skills, he's a good skater, he can pass. He's a solid bottom pairing guy.

• Haha
Reactions: PuckMunchkin

Leif Rohlin

Jan 25, 2024
Bains - not an NHL player. Struggles to stay in play. Almost painful to watch him skate. Such a weak first step and can't turn quick enough. Has no business on the first line or even in the League. Sad b/c he does try hard.
Agreed and I don't understand what the coaching staff is seeing here or why they'd have him playing with Miller and Boeser for almost 2 full games.

He works hard and shows some good instincts and creativity, but his entire skillset is just unpolished. He'll make couple of nice plays each game but will flub a lot more, and he's behind the play a lot because of his skating.

He's improved from last year but the flaws in his game were still apparent even in preseason.

strattonius

Jul 4, 2011
Surrey, BC
Boeser next to EP - Soft, can't score, useless, shell of his former self

Debrusk next to EP - Bruins where right, third option on a line

Boeser next to Miller - 40 goal scorer, regained his form

Debrusk next to Miller - Bargain contract, exactly what we needed

Anyone seeing a trend here? EP has gotta look himself in the mirror. He's a top 10 talent in the NHL. Great players make those around them better, and produce no matter what.

Brannstrom should stay on the team.

He's not a top 4 guy, but he has puck skills, he's a good skater, he can pass. He's a solid bottom pairing guy.

This is a little over the top for me.

Pettersson was good last night. I agree that 1 game of 4 isn't an acceptable rate of 'good game' - he needs to be scoring point per game or more.

But I did see some positive signs. He was making excellent decisions. There was one play he had the puck on the point and everyone was expecting him to pass to the boards but he finds a seeing eye pass right to the slot for a chance. He could easily have 1g 1a last night. Looked more like a snakebit kind of night rather than his usual disappearing act to start the season.

It wasn't perfect for him though. In overtime he tried to do a little too much and ended up skating himself out of options in to a corner. It's nit-picky from last night's game though because if he plays like that he will start producing.

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
This is a little over the top for me.

Pettersson was good last night. I agree that 1 game of 4 isn't an acceptable rate of 'good game' - he needs to be scoring point per game or more.

But I did see some positive signs. He was making excellent decisions. There was one play he had the puck on the point and everyone was expecting him to pass to the boards but he finds a seeing eye pass right to the slot for a chance. He could easily have 1g 1a last night. Looked more like a snakebit kind of night rather than his usual disappearing act to start the season.

It wasn't perfect for him though. In overtime he tried to do a little too much and ended up skating himself out of options in to a corner. It's nit-picky from last night's game though because if he plays like that he will start producing.
Brock Boeser!

Elias Pettersson!

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
1729274384282.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: AlainVigneaultsGum

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad