GDT: GM03 | Vancouver Canucks @ Tampa Bay Lightning | Tues. Oct 15th | 4pm PST | SNP | Gotta Get It Going

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
The Bolts bottom is terrible. Didnt realize how much depth they lost.
Players get paid. TB is top heavy, ala Toronto. But, unlike Toronto it was more spread out to Defence as well.

It's how it goes.

Is there a known latest expected level of weather cooperation in Tampa for tonight?
Hurricane has passed. Must be minimal damage to Amelia Arena. Question would be how many workers are able to get back to work after the evacuation. Since, they are going ahead with the game, must be enough.

Haven't followed it enough, so not sure if the water has receded and whether most of the roads into the arena are cleared.

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
Man some of you turned on Silovs fast

I say this as a Lankinen fan and a Silovs doubter

I think it's just a matter of playing the hot hand. Neither guy is the designated starter so whoever is playing well should play. Small sample size but based on the games so far, Lankinen deserves to start.

Quinton Byfield

Jul 25, 2021
Man some of you turned on Silovs fast

I say this as a Lankinen fan and a Silovs doubter
I think the hype was a little too much. For example, Lack was an all-star in the AHL with multiple years of elite level play and looked every part the elite prospect. He even had great numbers his first two years in the NHL.

Of course Lack’s injuries contributed to his decline, but Lack is mostly remembered as a footnote to the Luongo debacle and a 1b goalie.

Silovs hasn’t proven a tenth of what Lack did, so this elite prospect waiting in the wings to replace Demko talk was always asinine.

People have just come back down to reality imo, and are being honest about Silovs game. He has major holes in his game, being long and athletic doesn’t make a future backup, let alone a starter.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
I think the hype was a little too much. For example, Lack was an all-star in the AHL with multiple years of elite level play and looked every part the elite prospect. He even had great numbers his first two years in the NHL.

Of course Lack’s injuries contributed to his decline, but Lack is mostly remembered as a footnote to the Luongo debacle and a 1b goalie.

Silovs hasn’t proven a tenth of what Lack did, so this elite prospect waiting in the wings to replace Demko talk was always asinine.

People have just come back down to reality imo, and are being honest about Silovs game. He has major holes in his game, being long and athletic doesn’t make a future backup, let alone a starter.
I'm with you on this and have been for months. Just find it funny that a some of the people who liked Silovs have lost faith pretty quickly. If you liked him 2 weeks ago as a starter until Demko is healthy then 1 game shouldn't change much.

Like you, I never really liked him as a starter.

I think it's just a matter of playing the hot hand. Neither guy is the designated starter so whoever is playing well should play. Small sample size but based on the games so far, Lankinen deserves to start.
It's been 1 game for each of them lol

Reactions: bossram

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Yep. Lankinen is better and playing better. Just put him. Let's win a game Tocc, jeez.

That said, I was skeptical of riding Silovs for any extended period of time already. I said before the season, that going with Arty wasn't smart. He had a short, adrenaline-fueled period of success. But he really wasn't that great against EDM in the playoffs, and his AHL track record is just okay. Certainly doesn't scream surefire NHL goaltender.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Lightning scoring strategy:
1729016621391.png

He scores!

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
It's been 1 game for each of them lol

I don't understand your point?

Regardless of how high you are on his potential, Silovs doesn't have the track record to be owed anything. I don't think it should be considered "turning on him" if you don't think he should automatically be the starter.

Nick Lang

May 14, 2015
Dumb move. Silovs was horrible Lankinen was really good and we need a win, what am I missing?

Silovs needs to learn to track the puck from distance.

Yeah based on merit Lankinen should be in the pipes. I get it though, if we have to rely on Silovs this season it's wise to get him worked out. Especially if we do have faith and mostly RT has faith and still plans on him being the starter. In that case you go back your guy and give him the chance to get it moving in the right direction.

I assume they've been working on a couple things. He's had what a full week of practice now?

C'mon boys. I hope we put forth an incredible effort and get a good win here. Most importantly I want to see the effort, intensity, and serious commitment. Back to the staples.

Canuckle1970

Mar 24, 2010
Given the emotional circumstnces surrounding this game, I wouldn't be at all surprised if Tampa blows us out of the rink.
I hope I'm wrong, but this just feels like a rough out.

Kryten

slightly regarded
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
Kootenays
Im a Silovs fan and have said before that he and Lank should only keep playing if they won the previous game. Lankinen played better but we still lost in extra innings so I have no issue goingback to Silovs

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
I don't understand your point?

Regardless of how high you are on his potential, Silovs doesn't have the track record to be owed anything. I don't think it should be considered "turning on him" if you don't think he should automatically be the starter.
My point was the fans who preferred Silovs as starter should still view him as such, 1 game shouldn’t matter.

It’s actually why I like Tocchet’s decision because he himself is in that camp and isn’t overreacting to 1 game even though I think he’s incorrect on his evaluation of the 2 goalies

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
My point was the fans who preferred Silovs as starter should still view him as such, 1 game shouldn’t matter.

It’s actually why I like Tocchet’s decision because he himself is in that camp and isn’t overreacting to 1 game even though I think he’s incorrect on his evaluation of the 2 goalies

I don't think it's that black and white for everyone.

I personally think Silovs deserved to start game 1, but also think he isn't automatically owed any starts past that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad