GDT: GM02 | Vancouver Canucks vs Philadelphia Flyers | Fri. Oct 11th | 7pm PST | SNP | Alex Edler Appreciation Day

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
Pickle Time Deli & Market
Canucks details are trash but their systems are better.
Soucy ruined a two on one short handed by dumping it out, and Garland was lazy there and ruined a very good chance. Gotta stay on side.
I agree, it seems like the team has done a much better job creating offense and actually getting shots on net. But like you said details are not very good right now.

Reactions: SiZ

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
I’m liking a lot of what I’m seeing on offense. We look legitimately dangerous on all 4 lines, and this is without Joshua tilting the ice with Garland, theoretically pushing Hoglander down.

The issue is the defense.

Reactions: bbud and ephmrl

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Ideally they should but the poor second periods go back to last season even when they were tied. But I hope you are right.

After going up 4-1 last game, thought the Canucks fell asleep in the second.
Can't be all cozy when you are up by a couple.

We are deep on the lines, the defense needs a spruce up.

moiderer

Jul 28, 2021
Vancouver
Felt like the Canucks played the period very self-conscious with how last game played out. Once they get more settled I can see the teams separating in quality fast.

With the way the D is going maybe Wolanin/Brannstrom get in with a trade or Schultz signing soon.

Forbort might be the smoking gun against analytics so far. Don't see many positives.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Everyone knew defense would be our weak spot this season.

Just didn't think that even teams like the Flames and Flyers would be exploiting it.

Need to maybe look at a sizeable trade with Garland and a prospect like Lekk going the other way to salvage the season. The D simply isn't good enough...We need a top 4D and a bottom pairing guy.

Otherwise this probably becomes a lost year while we wait for maybe Willander and Pettersson (D) to be options on the blueline.

thecupismine

Apr 1, 2007
Good power plays and unlucky not to score, much better overall defensive structure and goaltending than last game. Unfortunate breakdown on the goal, but Forbert also just generally looks terrible in all situations.

Pretty sure Eddy if he unretired with no offseason training would be better :laugh:

Petey is making good passing plays, but he absolutely needs to get out of his head re: his shot. This is like when Markus Naslund after the lockout just stopped attacking the net as frequently.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rogle BK @ HV 71
    Rogle BK @ HV 71
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $656.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Ilves Tampere @ HIFK Helsinki
    Ilves Tampere @ HIFK Helsinki
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $25.00