GM search 2017 part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
What do you believe Murray leaked? You don't still believe he leaked the Eichel non-story, do you?

This organization went from zero leaks under Regier to a boatload under Murray, so you have to wonder if he shot his mouth off too many times.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
This organization went from zero leaks under Regier to a boatload under Murray, so you have to wonder if he shot his mouth off too many times.
Not true at all. There were plenty of leaks under Regier as soon as Pegula took over.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY

There were leaks or info behind the scenes during Regier.

The difference between the two was how much Murray told the press directly vs Regier being tight lipped.

CatsforReinhart

Jul 27, 2014
Frankfurt
What do you believe Murray leaked? You don't still believe he leaked the Eichel non-story, do you?

why would you not believe the "non story" that was reported across the hockey world. Just becuase you think it is fake news does not make it so.

I think Murray leaked this non story as you put it. It is obvious he is the only one to gain by leaking it.

Murray was a train wreck full of leaks, when Regier was here we knew nothing about potential trades and very little leaks.

Lessavyfav

Aug 2, 2010
I can't even remember the rumour anymore but wasn't it thought that Murray leaked information about trade talks with Brian Burke earlier in the year?

No. If you are referring to this board, then there were a few posters making the claim.

Heretic

May 25, 2012
Brooklyn, NY
why would you not believe the "non story" that was reported across the hockey world. Just becuase you think it is fake news does not make it so.

I think Murray leaked this non story as you put it. It is obvious he is the only one to gain by leaking it.

Murray was a train wreck full of leaks, when Regier was here we knew nothing about potential trades and very little leaks.

I actually disagree here. If the pegulas wanted Murray out, it's a really convenient way to smear him and make him look petty. Remember Pat Lafontaine was against the tank and all of a sudden reports are coming out that he's being a jerk to Kim Pegula and needs to go. None of us know what happened with either situation but it seems a little fishy.

CatsforReinhart

Jul 27, 2014
Frankfurt
I actually disagree here. If the pegulas wanted Murray out, it's a really convenient way to smear him and make him look petty. Remember Pat Lafontaine was against the tank and all of a sudden reports are coming out that he's being a jerk to Kim Pegula and needs to go. None of us know what happened with either situation but it seems a little fishy.

Come on, the Pegulas are billionaires they don't leak this to fire Murray they just fire Murray end of story.

On top of that the leak was angled at Eichel not Murray.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY

That doesn't even begin to imply Murray was leaking stuff to the press. Like Moskau said, it started when the Pegulas took over. Who knows? There are so many possibilities. Stories likely came from different sources. I was specifically asking about the Eichel thing, though, since some speculated that, if true, Murray may have been the one to leak it. However, we now know the actual source was Eichel making an off-handed locker room comment which Hamilton overheard. I'm just curious if pigpen is aware of that newer information or not.

Because of what I said above. The man who reported the story said where he got it from. I understand a lot of people aren't aware of the backtracking and clarifications Hamilton made. If they are, though, then there's no arguing about it - Murray didn't leak the story. The story isn't even a story. It's just something Eichel said in frustration to a teammate or teammates after a loss, in the context of the locker room. Most beat reporters wouldn't publish such comments. There is no insinuation that Eichel ever said anything like this to management much less made a demand. It is a total non-story. More relevantly, Murray conclusively wasn't the source of the story.

CatsforReinhart

Jul 27, 2014
Frankfurt
That doesn't even begin to imply Murray was leaking stuff to the press. Like Moskau said, it started when the Pegulas took over. Who knows? There are so many possibilities. Stories likely came from different sources. I was specifically asking about the Eichel thing, though, since some speculated that, if true, Murray may have been the one to leak it. However, we now know the actual source was Eichel making an off-handed locker room comment which Hamilton overheard. I'm just curious if pigpen is aware of that newer information or not.

Because of what I said above. The man who reported the story said where he got it from. I understand a lot of people aren't aware of the backtracking and clarifications Hamilton made. If they are, though, then there's no arguing about it - Murray didn't leak the story. The story isn't even a story. It's just something Eichel said in frustration to a teammate or teammates after a loss, in the context of the locker room. Most beat reporters wouldn't publish such comments. There is no insinuation that Eichel ever said anything like this to management much less made a demand. It is a total non-story. More relevantly, Murray conclusively wasn't the source of the story.

First you are saying it isn't true and now you are saying Eichel said it.

Revelate

Apr 10, 2011
Would Treliving require Calgarys permission to interview? When does his contract expire?

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY

Now you're trying to twist things. The "story" that Hamilton put out with the context he did was not at all an accurate portrayal, ie "not true".

Then Hamilton back tracked to the point where what he really heard - and at this point I wouldn't put much stock in anything Hamilton says he "heard" - amounts to hearsay that may not even be out of Eichel's mouth. Even if it was, the context was blowing off steam that shouldn't impress anyone as a serious demand of any sort.

You said it was Murray leaking info, you were quite adequately explained how that isn't at all reasonable to believe, and you want to spin out of it.

Give it up.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
The Bills have an avalanche of leaks since Pegula bought them too. Way more than the Sabres. And Tim Murray didn't work there.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY

Sigh. There is no claim that he ever indicated to the Sabres that he would not extend unless Bylsma is gone. There is only the claim that he said something similar to a player or players in the locker room out of frustration. Those two things are not even remotely similar even if they share a sentiment. One is significant, the other is insignificant. It is nothing but idle talk unless he said as much to the front office. There is no report that he did.

And, obviously, if the report was based on overhearing something Eichel said in the locker room, which it was according to the author of the report, then it wasn't based on a leak from Tim Murray. It couldn't be simpler than that.

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006
The Bills have an avalanche of leaks since Pegula bought them too. Way more than the Sabres. And Tim Murray didn't work there.

Both teams needed structure. Pegulas are learning. Bills leaks have stopped.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad