GM Game #5 by RR and IR4

Moses Doughty

Aug 19, 2008
Considering your pleading to me to take him. BTW Tavs takes a bag of pucks with him for a used jock of Stamkos if you didnt trade him to Canes

T_Cage

VP of Awesome
Sep 26, 2006
Just a reminder, The 5Min limit will be enforced unless you PM me that you are working on a trade (CAL and NJ both did that, just making sure nobody can say they weren't warned :P)

habsman56

Habs&Hoops
Nov 15, 2008
Really? I was shocked ISS had him so high... I didnt figure anyone would be clamoring for him before 15ish (but i'll admit i havent seen him play, only stats and scouting reports)

I REALLY wanted him at 12. Now I'm scrambling to find a back-up plan. :cry:

TLinden

Benning gonnaBenning
Nov 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
:flames

Word is Gabriel Landeskog has no desire to play for our team. We're going to give him the Eric Lindros treatmeant and ship him away.

(Ok not really but we are discussing one of our previous offers for him)

SixthSens

RIP Fugu
Dec 5, 2007
Was updating RR's Trade page when I couldn't find Colorado's 2nd.

Turns out it was already dealt to Ottawa for Ruutu.

Gotta re-work that one, I think.

It was Colorado's 1st I got back in the Ruutu deal.

T_Cage

VP of Awesome
Sep 26, 2006
Was updating RR's Trade page when I couldn't find Colorado's 2nd.

Turns out it was already dealt to Ottawa for Ruutu.

Gotta re-work that one, I think.

I think that trade was reworked...cause there's 2 Ruutu to COL deals :shakehead

TLinden

Benning gonnaBenning
Nov 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC

Landeskog is LandesGONE

Ya. I went there.

It became clear that Gabriel Landeskog was not happy with being drafted into our franchise. With the Buffalo Sabres offering a competitive offer for the 4th overall pick before we used it, we worked out a deal once our franchise had taken Landeskog.

We have been struggling to dump the contract of Matt Stajan. This trade allows us to dump Stajan, and acquires a #1 C and a prospect of high calibre.

Derek Roy
Tyler Ennis

:sabres

Gabriel Landeskog
Matt Stajan
John Negrin.

Derek Roy fits our need for a #1 C, he's a consistent performer who puts up top line numbers and we expect him to continue to do so with Bobby Ryan on his wing. Ennis is a great young player whose only going to get better, we felt his inclusion lessens the blow of dealing Landeskog.

Steen-Roy-Ryan
Mueller-Berglund-Ennis
Hagman-O'Reilly-Yip
Moss-Steckel-Kostoplous

XXX-Giordano
Polak-Shattenkirk
Sarich-Erixon

Anderson
Holtby

Last edited:

Barbadian91

Evgeny Kuznetsov
Aug 4, 2009
Ontario

Landeskog is LandesGONE

Ya. I went there.

It became clear that Gabriel Landeskog was not happy with being drafted into our franchise. With the Buffalo Sabres offering a competitive offer for the 4th overall pick before we used it, we worked out a deal once our franchise had taken Landeskog.

We have been struggling to dump the contract of Matt Stajan. This trade allows us to dump Stajan, and acquires a #1 C and a prospect of high calibre.

Derek Roy
Tyler Ennis

:sabres

Gabriel Landeskog
Matt Stajan
John Negrin.

Derek Roy fits our need for a #1 C, he's a consistent performer who puts up top line numbers and we expect him to continue to do so with Bobby Ryan on his wing. Ennis is a great young player whose only going to get better, we felt his inclusion lessens the blow of dealing Landeskog.

XXX-Roy-Ryan
Mueller-Berglund-Ennis
Hagman-O'Reilly-Yip
Moss-Steckel-Kostoplous

XXX-Giordano
Polak-Shattenkirk
Sarich-Erixon

Anderson
Holtby

confirm.

TLinden

Benning gonnaBenning
Nov 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
TL, you have changed the hell out of your team. Can barely tell it's the Flames.

That's what happens when a Canucks fan takes over for the Flames. :laugh:

I expect some serious chemistry issues, it won't be an easy start to the season. But if the team meshes I expect to be a playoff team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad