GDT: GM 81 | Vancouver Canucks vs. Calgary Flames | Tues, Apr 16 | 7:00PM PST | SPAC

Status
Not open for further replies.

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
Sincerely worried that Posposil will take it upon himself to injure one of our star players. He's a f***ing moron.

Yeah. Hope the team digs in tonight and not repeat the "choked" situation.

Had to Google to recall that team had 2 chances to clinch as well. PressReader.com - Zeitungen aus der ganzen Welt

That was so brutal. Goals title, points title, division title all lost in one game.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Me 9 years ago: I have full trust in Willie Desjardins here. He has done a fantastic job in load managing the team and these guys should be fresh for their series against the Flames. I know he will be very sporadic with Bieksa and Sbisa's minutes and he will lean heavily on the Sedins in this series.

Me 3 games into the series: Well.....f***.

Reactions: LordBacon

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
Me 9 years ago: I have full trust in Willie Desjardins here. He has done a fantastic job in load managing the team and these guys should be fresh for their series against the Flames. I know he will be very sporadic with Bieksa and Sbisa's minutes and he will lean heavily on the Sedins in this series.

I don't even want to talk about that series, let alone that it has been 9 f***ing years since that series.

What the actual shit.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
I don't even want to talk about that series, let alone that it has been 9 f***ing years since that series.

What the actual shit.
Just thinking...It's been 9 years since we seen an actual playoff game in Vancouver.

I have more trust in Tochett than f***ing Willie D to not f*** it up.

Zippgunn

May 15, 2011
Lhuntshi

Can you show me on the doll where Willie D. hurt you?

geebster

Sponsor
Oct 26, 2019
Sincerely worried that Posposil will take it upon himself to injure one of our star players. He's a f***ing moron.
If he runs Demko I am going to actually lose it. He shouldve been suspended multiple times recently and hasnt been. Guy wont have a long career if he keeps this up but Parros seems hellbent on not punishing him recently.

Also comes out and says he wont fight anyone cause hes afraid of concussions, but he has no problem elbowing people in the back of the head. Couldnt respect a player less.

geebster

Sponsor
Oct 26, 2019
I’m aware of the math, obviously, but it’s hardly craaaazy that in this very small sample size that Vancouver would go two games without getting a point, especially if feeling the pressure. It’d be another parallel with the 2002-03 season that keeps flashing before my eyes.
To be honest the highest pressure game almost all season was HNIC vs the Oilers and we showed up and physically outplayed them with our beleaguered backup in net.

The only scenario where it gets worrisome is if both us and WPG lose today. That makes it so Winnipegs first round home ice will be decided on thursday either by their game against us or the Avs against the Oilers, but our game starts first. In that scenario they probably dont rest Helle etc.

Kind of selfish but I want us to only get 1 point today. Get to overtime then shoot it into our own net. Just so we can clinch division but not have a chance at the conference and can rest guys on Thursday no matter what happens with WPG today.

Jyrki21

2021-12-05
Sponsor
Can you show me on the doll where Willie D. hurt you?
IMG_1003.jpeg

Hammman

Apr 3, 2010
It's been a while since I've payed much attention to the standings in the top half of the league at this time of year, but the spread (or lack thereof) in the top ten is nuts. Two games to go, and the Canucks can finish anywhere from 2nd to 8th.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad