GDT: GM#70 LA Kings vs Nashville Predators @7:30pm 3/14/19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter James Bond II

FIRE BLUCGERON !
Mar 5, 2015
There isn't one singular tank commander on this team. Real group effort.

They definitely played better when Carter was hurt, however. He might be the lynch pin.

Which happens FIRST?

1. Kopitar scores his first PP of season.
2. Doughty scores his first even strength goal of season.
3. Carter scores a goal. (or his goal less streak goes to 30 games)
4. Season ends with none of those happening.

Last edited:

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
'A tweet from Hoven:

Willie D said this Kings team can learn a lot from players like Wagner. Then closed with, "We have to get more young guys going."'

Uhhh, so why don't you play them more Willie? ****ing idiot.

tenor.gif

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Which happens FIRST?

1. Kopitar scores his first PP of season.
2. Doughty scores his first even strength goal of season.
3. Carter scores a goal. (or his goal less streak goes to 30 games)
4. Season ends with none of those happening.

Kind of want #4 just for embarrassment purposes.

deaderhead28

Jul 3, 2010
Have to disagree here. Growing up in hockey, you hear some pretty awful stuff said on ice and off. Think of a player like JAD with his family situation, or going further back, players like Willie O'Ree being role models for others like Grant Fuhr and Jarome Iginla. Historically, I feel like hockey is actually already relatively devoid of politics compared to other major sports.

If done in a genuine way, those types of messages can be powerful. Now, I'll admit that many attempts are done in poor faith basically motivated by marketing. However, saying it has no place is looking past how many people those messages can help and can be used to grow the game.

We just disagree.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
We just disagree.

Can certainly disagree on what part the NHL and individual NHL teams should play as leaders and role models, but I'll tell you growing up as a minority in the hockey community was a f***ing nightmare on and off the ice. As you can tell I'm kind of an asshole so if anything it toughened me personally up a bit, but there's no excuse for a lot of the behavior I had to endure, and if I can make hockey that much easier to play for my kids and others in similar communities, that's better for the game as a whole.

No, it's not just hockey, no, you can't fix everyone, and no, it's not about 'safe spaces' or making everyone agree or anything like that, it's simply about focusing on the game itself and making it accessible without having to worry about bringing in all sorts of societal baggage. I wanted hockey to be an escape, but it was often a prison instead. No one should have that feeling, and even if I disagree with some of the events and causes sports organizations take up, I feel like supporting that is the right thing for me because I can't go into the stands and throw down every stupid ass parent who calls my kid a towelhead or (insert cause du jour here).

I would never force that view upon anyone, I respect that you disagree, just want you to know where it's coming from.

deaderhead28

Jul 3, 2010
Can certainly disagree on what part the NHL and individual NHL teams should play as leaders and role models, but I'll tell you growing up as a minority in the hockey community was a ****ing nightmare on and off the ice. As you can tell I'm kind of an ******* so if anything it toughened me personally up a bit, but there's no excuse for a lot of the behavior I had to endure, and if I can make hockey that much easier to play for my kids and others in similar communities, that's better for the game as a whole.

No, it's not just hockey, no, you can't fix everyone, and no, it's not about 'safe spaces' or making everyone agree or anything like that, it's simply about focusing on the game itself and making it accessible without having to worry about bringing in all sorts of societal baggage. I wanted hockey to be an escape, but it was often a prison instead. No one should have that feeling, and even if I disagree with some of the events and causes sports organizations take up, I feel like supporting that is the right thing for me because I can't go into the stands and throw down every stupid ass parent who calls my kid a towelhead or (insert cause du jour here).

I would never force that view upon anyone, I respect that you disagree, just want you to know where it's coming from.

Every race gets bullied and theres always going to be someone who hates something about someone.It can be the way you're dressed,a car you drive.It can be the music you listen to.

The way you talk or a disability.A sports team you root for.Or the geographic area of the United States you're from.Remember I grew up in the same area as you and got bullied by other races cause I was white by mexicans and blacks.

Crap just go to the Pespi Area wearing a Kings jersey after they loss and hear the taunts by Av's fans at myself and a pregnant wife when walking up the stairs from behind the glass seats,it was scary in 2010.

I talked to Stacy Robitaille on Twitter by private message and know where this thing is coming from,its all SJW.Luc is knee deep in it too.She asked me not to judge him cause she knew he was one of my favorite Kings players.

I respect all that disagree,I just dont see it the same way you interpret it.I see political correctness agenda and not acting in a good faith or factual awareness.

Last edited:

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Can certainly disagree on what part the NHL and individual NHL teams should play as leaders and role models, but I'll tell you growing up as a minority in the hockey community was a ****ing nightmare on and off the ice. As you can tell I'm kind of an ******* so if anything it toughened me personally up a bit, but there's no excuse for a lot of the behavior I had to endure, and if I can make hockey that much easier to play for my kids and others in similar communities, that's better for the game as a whole.

I will just say my piece and not derail the thread.

I think there are many people who isolate themselves from the world, and have the benefit of hiding their head in the sand when there is a problem.

I am not saying (general) you have to accept the lifestyle of people different from you. But the NHL is trying to make it an all-inclusive sport, which I applaud.

"Pride Night" or any other celebration of a minority is about telling people not to be discriminatory if someone wants to play. There are many people, such as myself, who haven't had to deal with racism, misogynism, ablism, ageism, etc.

RJ, I am sorry you have been subjected to racism. I hope that increasing awareness and championing of all to be encouraged to participate.

Again, I'm not saying you HAVE to be comfortable with differing lifestyles (I won't use this forum to discuss that), but I'll not understand being annoyed that hockey is simply trying to be more inclusive.

Jaret Anderson-Dolan was passed up on in the WHL draft by some teams because teams didn't approve of his lesbian parents. He's not even gay and he was judged and excluded by teams.

You can say "that's not your problem" and good for you that you haven't had to deal with it. But to say that's not "a" problem is willful ignorance. The best way to combat ignorance is to raise awareness.

That's my soapbox.

Reactions: Bandit

deaderhead28

Jul 3, 2010
I will just say my piece and not derail the thread.

I think there are many people who isolate themselves from the world, and have the benefit of hiding their head in the sand when there is a problem.

I am not saying (general) you have to accept the lifestyle of people different from you. But the NHL is trying to make it an all-inclusive sport, which I applaud.

"Pride Night" or any other celebration of a minority is about telling people not to be discriminatory if someone wants to play. There are many people, such as myself, who haven't had to deal with racism, misogynism, ablism, ageism, etc.

RJ, I am sorry you have been subjected to racism. I hope that increasing awareness and championing of all to be encouraged to participate.

Again, I'm not saying you HAVE to be comfortable with differing lifestyles (I won't use this forum to discuss that), but I'll not understand being annoyed that hockey is simply trying to be more inclusive.

Jaret Anderson-Dolan was passed up on in the WHL draft by some teams because teams didn't approve of his lesbian parents. He's not even gay and he was judged and excluded by teams.

You can say "that's not your problem" and good for you that you haven't had to deal with it. But to say that's not "a" problem is willful ignorance. The best way to combat ignorance is to raise awareness.

That's my soapbox.

My sisters gay and I still dont agree with political correctness.I disagree with your opinion on hockey.

If hockey cared about grewing the game and bringing awareness to abuse,they would have a Pro Life night against murdering babies.

If they cared about women,they speak up about the female babies being murder every day by the thousands in this country.

Same with potential gay babies,Black,White,Hispanic and Asian babies.I dealt with racism growing up,I saw it as well.

But I dont go around pretending to be a victim,and neither has my sister,the real victims are those babies being killed.

Bottomline,we may disagree with some or a majority,but that doesnt mean we cant be civil or be fellow Kings fans.

Last edited:

DoktorJeep

B2B GM of the Summer Champion
Aug 2, 2005
OC
Neither pregnant women nor infants need a special night to be told it’s ok for them to like hockey or cheer for the Kings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad