GDT: GM#3: Dallas @ DC - 7pm-ish

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
And doesn’t have the scoring touch or shot. I look at him more as like a Konowalchuk who can skate.
he doesn't have the silk hands but seems like a better natural distributor, and because of his skating he might actually be a better two-way player just as a byproduct of more opportunity to contribute through said legs

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
1729216459915.gif

Two straight game pucks go to Jakob "Liver Let Die" Chychrun with a Herculean 70% xG share.

Honorable mentions go to Tom Wilson, John Carlson, Dylan Strome, and Taylor Raddysh.

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
It's true. I finally got to see the 2024-2025 version of the Capitals. After that snoozer of a 1st period, I approve.

(not convinced that Chucky Sideburns has the 2023-2024 magic. TBD)
It doesn’t seem like we need the Chucky magic this year.

It’s amazing how much easier winning is when you can score.

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
It pains me to say this because of 2018 and a few other good years, but losing Kuznetsov was such a big addition by subtraction. His absence really makes this team better.
He’s been my metric for Dubois….

The league is telling us we got a lazy loser and I’m over here like “did you not see the other guy?”

Jun 15, 2007
There's no reason we can't be the third best team in the division.

Reactions: qc14

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Sponsor
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
Good team effort, everybody buying in it looks like. Chucky continues to be the worst goalie ever on breakaways, but outside of that he had a nice bounce back game. Hopefully the goalies push each other all season. Chychrun is a stud. In fact everyone we added has looked good. Gotta think Mangiapane will break through here soon, he's had a ton of quality chances. Ovi needs to pot one soon too before he snowballs down the I can't score anymore ride he was on at the beginning of last year.

Wilson looks 10x better than last season. PLD has been sneakily really good too I think
I figured Willy would have a bounce back season. It takes a couple years to come back from the surgery he had and be full strength again. He looks like his speed is back. Part of what makes him scary on both sides of the puck is his speed. When he doesn't have it he's just a bottom sixer. Let's hope he keeps it up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad