GDT: GM#3: Dallas @ DC - 7pm-ish

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
idle "knock on wood" type thoughts:

Chychrun is a significant upgrade over last year's Jensen. Don't know if that will bear out in microstats but he's so much more talented that even his "safe play" comes through with a snappiness we didn't see last season

Mangiapane is much more well-rounded than I expected, I don't know why I had a little waterbug type player in mind but he's been more like a discount Oshie so far

Protas is showing up, seems like his skating has improved which is potentially dangerous

EDIT: showed it right there, he was so agile to get to that corner and then peeled back to the net with purpose.

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
I feel like I'm jinxing it, and he's def not the best player in the world of old, but Ovi seems to be moving and so much more engaged to start this season and it's seemingly opening up the offense zone control so much.

Reactions: Devil Dancer

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
I feel like I'm jinxing it, and he's def not the best player in the world of old, but Ovi seems to be moving and so much more engaged to start this season and it's seemingly opening up the offense zone control so much.
he found a step, no doubt.

don't know if it's fitness, a return to health, or this potentially being a huge season for him but he's been buzzing

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
They are looking much more dangerous offensively then last year.
they're looking much more everything than last year.

mildly more creative (so far), much quicker both in foot speed and passing, more in tune with each other and the system...

the foot speed really stands out so far, they don't need to slow games down as much right now and have been keeping up with teams they would have needed to buckle down for last year

Reactions: crab

aonb

Oct 26, 2013
dylan strome is an OK hockey player
is vrana even playing tonite or its just another disappearing act from jake the snake? im not sure i've heard his name mentioned at least once past 30 minutes

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
is vrana even playing tonite or its just another disappearing act from jake the snake? im not sure i've heard his name mentioned at least once past 30 minutes

He's a league minimum depth player at this point in his career. If he's not getting scored against and can chip in from time to time, I don't care if we don't hear his name :)

Reactions: aonb

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
he's been fine far as I can tell

hasn't created anything massive but he's been engaged and putting in more hustle than I remember from him. That paired with his natural skating ability has kept him pressuring plays and in the mix, just not really standing out

He had one or two small "standout" forechecks where he put a little extra in and forced some extra setup passes. Small, yeah, but keeps the team from being jumped on a bad change or great outlet pass. I like his attitude towards loose pucks right now as well

Reactions: aonb

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad