Status
Not open for further replies.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Time: 7:00 pm Pacific
Date: Saturday, Nov 23, 2022
Where: Anaheim, CA
TV: BSSC (local), ESPN + (out-of-market)
Radio Stream: Ducks Stream

:rangers
Record: 10-6-4 (24 pts)
Last 5: 3-1-1 (7 pts)
Streak: Won 2

At

:ducks

Record: 5-13-1 (11 pts)
Last 5: 1-4-0 (2 pts)
Streak: Loss 3

By the Box Preview =======

Even Strength

ES Goals For
TeamGamesGoalsPP GoalsSHGSOWES GoalsES Goals/game
Anaheim
19​
50​
7​
1​
2​
40​
2.11​
NYR
20​
61​
16​
2​
0​
43​
2.15​

Anaheim's ES offense isn't that far off from the Rangers' ES offense. NYR's ES offense is ranked 15th overall and Ducks at 22nd, courtesey of Natural Stat Trick.

ES GoalsAgainst
TeamGamesGAPP GASHGASOLES GAES GA/game
Anaheim
19​
82​
24​
3​
1​
54​
2.84​
NYR
20​
55​
11​
1​
1​
42​
2.10​

Ducks ES GA games 1 - 8:
Less than 3 goals against: 3 games (or 37.5%)​
3 or more goals against: 5 games (or 62.5%)​

Ducks ES GA games 9 - 19:
Less than 3 goals against: 5 games (or 45.5%)​
3 or more goals against: 6 games (or 54.5%)​

Anaheim has slightly improved their ES defense, but it is far away from being respectable.

Rangers' ES GA rank is 12th and Ducks are 29th. Defense usually trumps offense and that means the Rangers will have the edge.

Even Strength Advantage: :rangers

Power Play

Power Play
TeamRankPP EffPP GoalsPP OppPPO/game.SHGA
Anaheim32nd
13.2%​
7​
53​
2.79​
3​
NYR10th
23.5%​
16​
68​
3.40​
1​

We've reached rock bottom!

giphy.gif

The first time we played the Rangers, they went 3 for 4 on their PP! We are the only team that has allowed the Rangers to score 3 PP goals. ouch. Silver lining is if we removed this data point, then the NYR's would be ranked 20th in the league. Maybe this time around we can give up only 1 out of 4.

Power Play Advantage: :rangers :rangers

Penalty Kill

Penalty Kill
TeamRankPK EffPP GATSHTSH/game.SHG
Anaheim32nd
64.2%​
24​
67​
3.53​
1​
NYR6th
81.7%​
11​
60​
3.00​
2​

giphy.gif

Penalty Kill Advantage: :rangers :rangers

The Ducks practically are basement dwellers except at Even Strength offense. When comparing to the Rangers, a far more complete roster than the Ducks, NYR's excel at the PP, PK, and ES defense. I think it's the Rangers defense that keeps them afloat because their ES offense is average and their PP is a little bit inflated because of us earlier in the season.

=== How the Ducks can win ===

1. Stay disciplined, limit TSH to 2 or less.
2. Cycle and crash the net. We have three lines that could cycle in Strome, McTavish, and Lundy. This should keep us in their end.
3. Score one PP goal. If we use all five players, we can score. If it's only a Terry-Zegras-Klingberg bermuda triangle, then we don't score and no planes, ships, or freighters will be freed from such a negative concentration. The five players must unite to become the ultimate weapon...

e436b02d1b2acb8f31a4f70d78f407a0.gif

=== First Goal Thread ===

Don't forget to participate in @Arthuros First Goal Prediction Thread: link.

Leader board

ScorerTotal
anezthes5
DigiDuck4
FiveHoleTickler4
bsu4
Kalv4
Sean Garrity4

============

We have to play a perfect game to finally win in regulation time!

DiUrz.gif

Let's go, Ducks!

Last edited:
Reactions: Ducks DVM

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits. Fire Newell Brown
Nov 26, 2017
Apparently, Jaroslav Halak is the Rangers' backup. Igor already reaching the King Henrik realm of me not knowing who the #2 is until they get traded or leave because he never plays.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
I’ve made decent money on the Ducks losing. I should be ashamed to say that but they aren’t even watchable anymore
:huh:

I think they’ve been honestly entertaining to watch 5 of the last 6 games. The first St. Louis game was bad until the 3rd period, and they melted down after losing 2 defensemen in the first period in the Minnesota game, but otherwise they’re fun to watch IMO.

They’re not a talented bunch, but they’re more entertaining than the LA Cup teams were IMO.

Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
:huh:

I think they’ve been honestly entertaining to watch 5 of the last 6 games. The first St. Louis game was bad until the 3rd period, and they melted down after losing 2 defensemen in the first period in the Minnesota game, but otherwise they’re fun to watch IMO.

They’re not a talented bunch, but they’re more entertaining than the LA Cup teams were IMO.

You really find entertainment in this? Last in goals, points, and goal differential. This season ‘hurts’ me more than last.

I’m speaking as someone who has watched this team for 15+ years. I’m giving Verbeek the benefit of the doubt, but I don’t find this enjoyable. It’s really embarrassing to have a team like Arizona be ahead of us when they have games in hand to play.

I’ve been negative around here and have tried to stay away from posting much, but it’s sad to really know that I’ve checked out on the season already. Sure, Zegras and the rookies provide some entertainment, but what else is there to show when your holding on to the basement?

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
Jones and Leason still on the third line, poor McTavish.

At least Regenda draws back in.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
You really find entertainment in this? Last in goals, points, and goal differential. This season ‘hurts’ me more than last.

I’m speaking as someone who has watched this team for 15+ years. I’m giving Verbeek the benefit of the doubt, but I don’t find this enjoyable. It’s really embarrassing to have a team like Arizona be ahead of us when they have games in hand to play.

I’ve been negative around here and have tried to stay away from posting much, but it’s sad to really know that I’ve checked out on the season already. Sure, Zegras and the rookies provide some entertainment, but what else is there to show when your holding on to the basement?
The last six games, yes. The games have been close, the shots have been pretty even with the Ducks having more shots in several games, and the outcome has been in doubt for most of the games. They should have beaten (and absolutely dominated) Chicago, the Detroit game was fun, the Winnipeg game should have gone to OT (where we are now good) if Zegras hadn’t had back to back bad plays, and I’m not complaining at all about the St. Louis game the other night - our roster should never be competitive against them, and it was.

Losing sucks, but they’re not even remotely the same team they were in the first 10 games. They aren’t an embarrassment, and I find the style that they’re playing entertaining.

It helps that this is what I actually expected for this season. I never understood why people thought that the post-Verbeekening defensive corps was going to be able to play defense.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Jones and Leason still on the third line, poor McTavish.

At least Regenda draws back in.

Why are we complaining about McTavish with Leason and Jones? That was our second best forward line in the last game. Being the third line implies more minutes for McTavish's line, which is what we want.

Eventually, I'd like to see a Comtois-McTavish-Leason line.

Reactions: Ducks DVM
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad