GDT: GM 1 | Vancouver Canucks vs. Calgary Flames | Wednesday, October 9 | 7:00PM PST | SPAC

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
tumblr_mfj0c0WVPe1qcz1h3o1_500.gif

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Flames are in the groggy era of a rebuild (the dreaded inevitable down cycle)..mostly vets past their prime, and promising young players, too young to pull on the rope..It will most likely stay this way for the next 3 years, and there will be light at the end of the tunnel ,just in time for when their new arena gets built.

thecupismine

Apr 1, 2007
Exactly 16 years ago we faced off against the Flames to start to the season.

This was such a fun season. Going into pundits said every team had a shot at the division except for us, and then Kesler & Burrows broke out and then the best stretch of hockey in team history started.

I remember being at one of the games during the long losing streak in January, throwing popcorn from the upper decks down out of frustration and my dad getting irate with me afterwards :laugh:

Reactions: Lindgren

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Flames are in the groggy era of a rebuild (the dreaded inevitable down cycle)..mostly vets past their prime, and promising young players, too young to pull on the rope..It will most likely stay this way for the next 3 years, and there will be light at the end of the tunnel ,just in time for when their new arena gets built.
All ufas got moved as have all of the guys with a year left.
Last key guy to move on from is Anderson. Stuck with Kadri/Hub unless they massively retain, which clubs haven't done. Largest 50% retention was done on K. Hayes for 3 years. Burns at 1/3 for 3 years.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
Huh so this came to my youtube feed, somehow, about a rogue-like game, with hockey, and, well...

What am I looking at here??

Reactions: Vector

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003

It's a long season, don't rush Suter back if not 100%

This makes a lot of sense, and explains some things. Assuming Suter was healthy, I was thinking you might keep Bains over Raty given the positional depth charts (ie. Bains slots in on 4LW until Joshua returns). If one of the centres is out, though, you pivot to Aman on wing and plug Raty into the C spot.

Reactions: thecupismine

Canuckle1970

Mar 24, 2010
It's here at long last! :party: Not expecting an 8-1 opener like last year, just a division statement win.

The scuttlebutt seems to be that this year's Flames are a "dirty" team. Who's going to deal with the Popsicle? Will it be Forbort, Desharnais, Myers?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad