Pre-Game Talk: GM 1 | Vancouver Canucks vs. Calgary Flames | Wednesday, October 9 | 7:00PM PST | SPAC

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
I don't understand the point in keeping Raty around but not playing him. It's one game but...still.
Agreed, and this is a good game to throw him in against a weaker Calgary team, especially with Garland back…

My guess is Tocchet has cold feet and wants to win the first game with less risk.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Agreed, and this is a good game to throw him in against a weaker Calgary team, especially with Garland back…

My guess is Tocchet has cold feet and wants to win the first game with less risk.

The next game against the Flyers is probably also not a bad option.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I don't understand the point in keeping Raty around but not playing him. It's one game but...still.
Why not send him and the spare D to the A for the first 2 home games then recall the extra guys before the road trip to save a little cap space? Open with 20 healthy players.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Why not send him and the spare D to the A for the first 2 home games then recall the extra guys before the road trip to save a little cap space? Open with 20 healthy players.

Yeah, no idea what the reasoning is. I get it if they were going to play him and want him here for the first couple practices. If he doesn't play tomorrow or Friday then it makes no sense.

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
IMG_0236.gif
IMG_0238.gif

Finally!! Let’s Go!!

Blue and Green

Out to lunch
Dec 17, 2017
The small saving in cap space doesn't seem to justify the downside of the players not being available to practice with the team, having to waive and risk losing Juulsen and Friedman, and likely creating some ill will not only from Raty but possibly also from his teammates by sending him down and cutting his pay by 90%.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017

High likelihood our game next Tuesday gets rescheduled—besides the broader devastation to the region, Amelie arena is right on the waterfront and will experience a storm surge if the hurricane does hit the Tampa area.
It does suck since we couldn’t be any further from TB and Fla. team barely made it to Buffalo during that blizzard.

And don’t want to tack this game into the end of the season. TB has home games on Sat, Tues and Thurs. making up 3 games later in the year is hard if this storm is that bad.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad