Pre-Game Talk: GM 1 | Vancouver Canucks vs. Calgary Flames | Wednesday, October 9 | 7:00PM PST | SPAC

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
That Hoglander-Raty-Garland unit is obviously just a placeholder until Joshua is back (assuming they even ice it), but I would bet it would become a match-up issue for the Canucks sooner rather than later, I don't think that line will do well against tough match-ups as the regular season pace picks up.

AlainVigneaultsGum

Holidays in two days
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2012
Calgary, AB
I’ve been married 16 years, and with my better half for 20 this November. I spent the first 20 years of my life trying to get to her as fast as I possibly could, and it just keeps getting better.

1000062262.jpg

Wry n Ginger

Water which is too pure has no fish
Sep 15, 2010
Victoria
Hmmm....getting married and looking forward to past seasons of Canucks hockey feel very much the same to me now that I look back on the history of disappointment, anger and heartbreak.

Yay marriage... :wave:

:banghead:

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Have a feeling the teams gonna trip over themselves to start the season

4-1 flames
Will hurt with the game being in Edmonton and the way they shit the bed last year to start to get beat by the lowly Flames on Sunday. Agree though team looks old as F. Probably trip over Corey Perry's walker.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Seems like so long since the Canuck faithful have been looking forward to a season as much as this one.

It's been exactly two years and 10 months since Jim Benning walked the plank and they cleaned house. Sometimes you have to pinch yourself to believe it's the same franchise.

They head into this season with a Norris Trophy threat on defense; two legit 100 point centers; and serious depth at virtually every position. Even the temporary loss of their Vezine-quality goalie, they're able to take in stride.

They've got one of the most efficient payrolls in the league.....and I'm having trouble thinking of single guy who's 'overpaid' relative to their production. And for the first time in years, the Canucks are operating close to $500,000 below the salary cap without using LTIR. So they'll be able to add another big contract at the TDL.

So bring it on!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad