Pre-Game Talk: GM 1 | Vancouver Canucks vs. Calgary Flames | Wednesday, October 9 | 7:00PM PST | SPAC

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC

WHEN: Wednesday, October 9, 2024
WHERE: Rogers Arena, Vancouver, BC
TV: Sportsnet Pacific
RADIO: Sportsnet 650

Canucks Line-Up: (unconfirmed)

Danton Heinen - JT Miller - Brock Boeser
Jake DeBrusk - Elias Pettersson - Daniel Sprong
Nils Hoglander - Aatu Raty - Conor Garland
Arshdeep Bains - Teddy Blueger - Nils Aman

Quinn Hughes - Filip Hronek
Tyler Myers - Carson Soucy
Derek Forbort - Vincent Desharnais

Arturs Silovs

Flames Line-Up:

TBD​

Reactions: Vector and Lindgren

thecupismine

Apr 1, 2007
Prediction: 5-2 W. Silovs lets in a point shot and people freak out, Petey's line with a couple, and the forward depth shines through. Top line plays rusty and people read too much into it afterwards.

Most excited I've been for the start of a regular season since before the 2010/2011 season (not saying this team is better than the 2012 team, but the start of that season was a massive cup run hangover as a fan). Something incredibly exciting has been brewing over the last year, and I can't wait to see how the rest of the story unfolds!

Bojack Horvatman

IAMGROOT
Jun 15, 2016
Is this really the regular season? I was starting to believe the preseason would never end because aliens are using our body heat to charge batteries and have put us in a simulation where there are endless preseason games.

Reactions: Lindgren

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
Is this really the regular season? I was starting to believe the preseason would never end because aliens are using our body heat to charge batteries and have put us in a simulation where there are endless preseason games.

so sort of groundhog day meets the matrix meets alien?

i think the world is ready for that.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Arshdeep Bains is the 'Rodney Dangerfield' of Canuck prospects. No denying it, he's improved every year he's been a pro.

Scored 38 points as a rookie in the AHL two years ago; and increased it to 55 last season--with an eight-game callup to the Canucks. And there's also no denying he's taken another big step this off-season. All, of this, and he's still only 23.

I guess the lack of respect comes from this draft profile, or lack of it. Undrafted playing five seasons with the Red Deer Rebels in the Dub, he's signed as basically a 21-year old UFA. The number of kids who make the NHL from that history, is close to nil.

But every once and awhile a guy like Alex Burrows proves it can be done. So how can you not help pulling for Bains to make it?

Reactions: MarkusNaslund19

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
For my 40th birthday wish, I wish for us to shellack the Flames.
I am going to this one as well. See you there. I will be the only guy wearing a Henry 80 jersey.

It was my dad's 80th bday present from my sister. He only made it to 81, sadly. He would have been 101 on Tuesday.

My twin brother from Australia will be in the family seats with the guy who buys our tickets. I will sitting with a friend from high school somewhere else in the reds.

The tickets have been officially in the family name for 55 years now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad