Confirmed with Link: Glencross to Capitals for 2015 2nd+3rd rounders

Status
Not open for further replies.

KevinM

Feb 7, 2012
D.C.
Well we got fleeced for one of the best prospects since the millennium last year so i think some Hockey karma would be warmly welcomed in DC
Don't worry, Glencross will surely carry that Kuz line and provide the secondary scoring relief we'll need in the playoffs.

Bure

Jan 3, 2011
Ottawa, Ontario
which? why?

Well that depends. Do you want Mojo at 1RW, i see Bura a better fit there and that pushes Mojo to 2LW or 3LW. Seems like that would push Laich out of the lineup since Glencross plugs into either 2LW or 3LW. Assuming coaches prefer Chimera on 4LW, which seems like they do lately. Laich as a healthy scratch I don't know if that's smart. I mean they could keep him for depth or trade him for a deal around Cole.

Ovechtrick89*

Apr 10, 2012
Don't worry, Glencross will surely carry that Kuz line and provide the secondary scoring relief we'll need in the playoffs.

Love the sarcasm, but i'd truthfully prefer to see Glencross than Mojo being shoved off the puck at every opportunity

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
I'm seemingly one of the few who like Mojo, but I can't imagine why it is they want to put him back on line 1. I'm fine with rotating Dre or Wilson there depending on matchups. What they needed was a 1 or 2 RW to bump Brouwer down or a center to move Kuzya over.

Instead we get a LW who hasn't played a full season in years...? What is life.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
My first impression is that this is overpayment for a player that helps the middle of the lineup some, and it needs a big splash move up top to make the "all in" campaign look like something more than a continuation of McPhee's escalating tendency to mortgage the future with half-measures.

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
Not really.

Glencross is very similar player as Brouwer (20-20 all situation guy) and we paid 1st round pick to acquire him.

This.

Caps got a 20 goal scorer still if he can play 70 games next year (if resigned). Good for another 5 or 6 this year (or more with a better team like Washington).

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
If Glencross agreed to be traded to Caps (to waive his NTC) he will probably sign here for some adequate money.

If he's truly Trotz-type player - that's improvement.

More to that - he's a player for Laich's spot. That could be a part of the interesting process (like losing Laich).

Ovechtrick89*

Apr 10, 2012
This trade is decent. GlennX is a useful player.

They really need a 1st line RW, though. MaJo doesn't cut it there and Bura isn't ready at this point, IMHO.

Bura showed his nasty potential with Ovi against the Ducks, but those crappy teams that don't want to play hockey and like to just smash you into the boards for 60 minutes is something Bura isn't ready for.

Zoidberg Jesus

Trotzkyist
Oct 25, 2011
My first impression is that this is overpayment for a player that helps the middle of the lineup some, and it needs a big splash move up top to make the "all in" campaign look like something more than a continuation of McPhee's escalating tendency to mortgage the future with half-measures.

That's my feeling as well. Also reminds me a bit of the Erat trade - adding a wrong-side-of-30 winger with an injury history and in a down year and hoping he'll A) stay healthy and B) go back to playing like they did a few years ago.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
I saw that we sent Schilling down earlier. Glencross takes volpatti spot. Who takes Schilling?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad