Value of: Giroux

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TkachukNorris79

Jan 27, 2018
I don't think they'll trade him. They're looking to add more vets, not trade them away. Tarasenko/Kubalik are UFA so those you move but Giroux with another year left is staying in Ottawa.

If they suck again next year I hope they move him to wherever he wants to go.

Would probably cost the same as he did last time around, he's still a top line player on most teams.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I don’t know but he’s amazing.

Easily Ottawa’s most consistent player and he’s so goddamned smart out there.

Excellent at faceoffs and he has that rare ability to create scoring opportunities out of seemingly nothing.

I’d rather keep him until retirement but I wouldn’t begrudge him if he wanted a real shot at a Cup.

Babysitting the kids might wear thin after awhile the way it did with Alfie.

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002

Excellent at faceoffs and he has that rare ability to create scoring opportunities out of seemingly nothing.

I’d rather keep him until retirement but I wouldn’t begrudge him if he wanted a real shot at a Cup.

He’s like Alfie.
Talented, smart, and relentless.

Reactions: banks and NyQuil

xjoeyc23x

Apr 1, 2015

Does he often take Faceoffs? Thought he played wing more at this stage of his career

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
Think it would have to be a family decision for him, similar to when the flyers traded him. Sens probably very underwhelmed with return after he only ok's 1 location and they end up keeping him.

Realistically maybe they get a 2nd a few years away.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Bring him home to Philly.

Make him PP coach as well, so he gets two paychecks.

Does he often take Faceoffs? Thought he played wing more at this stage of his career

Leads the Sens in Faceoffs taken

ponder719

The same New Era as before
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Obviously, G gets to decide whether he goes anywhere, and if so, where, so I expect he's not going to be moved. I would like to see him retire as a Flyer, but if he doesn't do that, he probably remains in Ottawa until he's done.

xjoeyc23x

Apr 1, 2015
Was thinking maybe a team takes a run at him for this and next years cup. After that they part ways, and G signs a 1 year to retire in OTT.

scout20

Jul 21, 2022
Would he be willing to move on from OTT?

6.5M for the rest of this year and next, currently 35 Y.O.

What is he worth to a cup contender this year?
Giroux & Tarasenko (50% retained) to AVS for Ross Colton, Miles Wood & 1st rd pick

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad