GDT: Giroux watch 2023/24

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Frost-Bite Fails Minnesota
Tearing down Bobby Clarke's career to promote Claude Giroux' career is as absurd as tearing down Claude Giroux to promote the legacy of Bobby Clarke... With the understanding that the NHL has changed over the decades, and size, skills and abilities have changed along with the rules of the league, I believe it is safe to say that no clear side by side comparisons can be made.

I've been seeing in sports forums a tendency for younger people to belittle players of the past... along with the tendency of older fans to dismiss recent players as not being as good as those of the past... I ask for all fans to weigh the facts and stop criticizing players based on their belief that one era is superior to another, and therefore the other era's players should be belittled. In my opinion, both sides biased views only go to take away from the history as well as future of sports appreciation.
JMO

Reactions: Rebels57

PDX Flyer

Lost in the Woods
Nov 13, 2019
Tearing down Bobby Clarke's career to promote Claude Giroux' career is as absurd as tearing down Claude Giroux to promote the legacy of Bobby Clarke... With the understanding that the NHL has changed over the decades, and size, skills and abilities have changed along with the rules of the league, I believe it is safe to say that no clear side by side comparisons can be made.

I've been seeing in sports forums a tendency for younger people to belittle players of the past... along with the tendency of older fans to dismiss recent players as not being as good as those of the past... I ask for all fans to weigh the facts and stop criticizing players based on their belief that one era is superior to another, and therefore the other era's players should be belittled. In my opinion, both sides biased views only go to take away from the history as well as future of sports appreciation.
JMO

Don’t take the bite. There are underlying circumstances that feed into the distain of certain posters.

Reactions: Sawdalite

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad