Waived: Gignac and Condotta on waivers

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Chili

What wind blew you hither?
Jun 10, 2004
Anyone on the waiver wire we should be paying attention to?
If it was me, I would keep my eyes open for a dman if there is one they like who gets waived. Kovacevic was a good pickup, he ended up playing the most games of any Habs dman his first year. There will be injuries, good to have some depth.

Edit: The Habs may be on the lookout for some depth on the blueline. Just saw they invited Eric Gelinas to Laval's camp. I remember him as a Devils rookie, he was rotating in the lineup with Jon Merrill. He wasn't a great defender, but he had the big shot.

Last edited:
Reactions: The Real Timo

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Habs will keep 14 forwards. So ABB, Pezz and Kapanen will be part of the team with Laine out for a good while. The only problem with Kapanen is that he can only play center, and the team have already many of them. I doubt they gonna trade Dvorak and or Evans in a near future. And Newhook can still be a center like last season.
LOL, Kapanen is playing RW tonight.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
If it was me, I would keep my eyes open for a dman if there is one they like who gets waived. Kovacevic was a good pickup, he ended up playing the most games of any Habs dman his first year. There will be injuries, good to have some depth.

Edit: The Habs may be on the lookout for some depth on the blueline. Just saw they invited Eric Gelinas to Laval's camp. I remember him as a Devils rookie, he was rotating in the lineup with Jon Merrill. He wasn't a great defender, but he had the big shot.

We have our 7 NHL Ds.

Gelinas would be for Laval only, almost certainly on an AHL deal or PTO. Reinbacher being out a long time impact the Laval depth chart.

Can't claim a guy for the AHL unless no one wants him.

Chili

Jun 10, 2004
We have our 7 NHL Ds.

Gelinas would be for Laval only, almost certainly on an AHL deal or PTO. Reinbacher being out a long time impact the Laval depth chart.

Can't claim a guy for the AHL unless no one wants him.
It's moot if there isn't a player they like who gets waived. But if there was, they could find/make a space if they wanted to. There will be injuries, there already has been Guhle and Reinbacher.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
It's moot if there isn't a player they like who gets waived. But if there was, they could find/make a space if they wanted to. There will be injuries, there already has been Guhle and Reinbacher.
Not much right now.

Rathbone (RD) had some hype when he turned pro but hasn't done much.
Morevare (LD) is a big guy but hasn't done much in the NHL either.

Reese Johnson (RW) was a body for the cap-strapped Hawks and the bottom feeder Hawks.
Brandon Biro (LW) has been producing in the AHL, but couldn't pierce the Sabres and Kraken rosters.

Would have been more interested in Boyd and Bailey, but even they cleared.

I don't expect interesting waives before the weekend.

Chili

Jun 10, 2004
Not much right now.

Rathbone (RD) had some hype when he turned pro but hasn't done much.
Morevare (LD) is a big guy but hasn't done much in the NHL either.

Reese Johnson (RW) was a body for the cap-strapped Hawks and the bottom feeder Hawks.
Brandon Biro (LW) has been producing in the AHL, but couldn't pierce the Sabres and Kraken rosters.

Would have been more interested in Boyd and Bailey, but even they cleared.

I don't expect interesting waives before the weekend.
Yes, the interesting names are yet to come. Some like Lou on Long Island will wait as long as possible before their final cut down.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad