Confirmed with Link: Gibson re-signs with Anaheim (8 years/6.4m AAV)

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Must be false, I read from reliable sources (main board) that he`s going back to Pitsburgh as soon as he can.

--

Great news, love Gibby, he`s truly an elite goalie already I think. Like everyone, he has his ups and downs but boy when he`s on... and his lows are not that low either.
Now just hard work with the lower body/core strenght trainers but I`m sure both sides are on it.

Woop woop Gibby!

Reactions: JabbaJabba

prettymutch

Apr 11, 2011
San Jose
I'm really glad to see him sign. I don't know how others felt, but it was always hard for me to read whether Gibson wanted to be a Duck. Maybe that was purely due to how quiet he is and my own paranoia. Either way, I'm glad to be wrong.

Reactions: RakAttack and Kalv
Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
I'm really glad to see him sign. I don't know how others felt, but it was always hard for me to read whether Gibson wanted to be a Duck. Maybe that was purely due to how quiet he is and my own paranoia. Either way, I'm glad to be wrong.

He definitely gave off the idea that he really liked Pittsburgh, but a lot of players act similarly and few go back home. Who knows, though, maybe Matt Murray crushed those dreams.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
As a consequence I don't see how we keep silfverberg if Perry is sticking around.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Wow that’s huge news. A huge commitment and risky as f*** given it’s a goalie who has had health issues but I like it because of the massive upside he has. Better to give a 24 year old goalie this deal than a 27 year old.

If he plays like he did last year for the rest of that contract it will be a good deal.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Having a quality backup is a must to give Gibson rest
Yeah the good thing is, it seems like weve drafted 3 pretty solid goalies that should be able to fill in there … and still have miller this up coming season.

ohcomeonref

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 18, 2014
Alberta, Canada
I mean, he was (arguably) the Ducks best player last season. How many teams pay their best player only 6.4m a season?

I like it a lot.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
i'd take gibson at 10m over perry at his contract easily.

SirQuacksALot

A Garibaldi in Kelp
Mar 16, 2010
Miller legitimately won us several games last year. Very few guys on the team can say their impact resulted in more than a couple wons.

Miller had good numbers on some bad Vancouver teams, I have full confidence in him.

Oct 18, 2011
holy 8 years,, long time for a goalie

gibson is a beast when healthy though
Agreed. It's a calculated gamble. 6.4 AAV for potentially the best player at his position(no worse than 3-5) is great value for the prime of his career. Injuries are the x factor but the team seems committed to not overplaying him.

Jun 2, 2005
Finlandia
Echoing a lot of the statements made here already about how good this contract can be while acknowledging the risks. I also love the hot take heroes and the general MB reply repeaters on main board. This is good news.

Deuce22

Jun 17, 2013
SoCal & Idaho
Echoing a lot of the statements made here already about how good this contract can be while acknowledging the risks. I also love the hot take heroes and the general MB reply repeaters on main board. This is good news.

The good-AAV is a steal
- Deal encompasses Gibson's prime years, not his "elderly" ones
-NHL salaries are going to be rising, so this will look better in 3-4 years

The risky-Breakage potential
-Decline in effectiveness (not that worried here, too talented and competitive)

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
As frustrating as it was at times last year, consistently pulling Gibson after even a very minor tweak was the right move. Hopefully he built upon his durability improvements again this Summer.

Reactions: Trojans86

Lyons71

Jun 27, 2003
Fullerton, CA
Visit site
As long as the ducks stop other teams from crashing the crease (I feel like Gibby got run a bunch last season), he should stay healthy and be fine.

Great deal if he maintains what he did last year. He was so dang good.

snarktacular

Aug 2, 2005
So will we sign a nasty defenseman/4th liner to protect the 6.4 million dollar investment? Schenn and Sustr are not that.

Reactions: Doothpick

Mallard

Apr 19, 2017
Canada
Happy with this contract for one of my favorite Ducks! Was holding off on getting his jersey to see if he resigned.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad