OT: Get to know your fellow oiler fans 21/22 Edition

RattsSSV

Слава Україні - F*** Putin
May 4, 2006
Q1) Age/Sex/Location 46/M/Alberta
Q2) How long have you been an oiler fan? All my life
Q3) Best moment as an oiler fan? Going to my first game as a kid (Battle of Alberta)
Q4) Worst moment as an oiler fan? Gretz being traded
Q5) Favourite current oiler? Pulju
Q6) Favourite Oiler all time? Laraque
Q7) Last 2 years have been trying times for none hockey reasons--what have you learned?(none hockey related) That’s bait.
Q8) When you die and you go to the after life--what does the first person in the after life say to you? I’m an atheist
Q9) Favourite vacation spot in the world? Been all over and I still love Waterton the most
Q10) What happened on your worst vacation ever? Never had a bad vacation although I chipped a tooth and got a concussion in Istanbul once
Q11) How did you get screen name? Ratts is short for my last name & SSV are three letters from the family motto
Q12) Oiler prospect you have the highest hopes for?(0 nhl games) Konovolov
Q13) Which prospect do you think will break HFoil fans heart? (0 nhl games) Konovolov
Q14) Music guilty pleasure? (what artist do you like that others would question) Tenacious D
Q15) Favourite movie all time? The Matrix
Q16) Favourite TV show all time? TNG
Q17) IF you had one piece of advice to your younger self, what would it be? Trust your gut.
Q18) You are in a bar, what 3 hfoiler posters would you want to drink with(those you have never met) and where is the bar? Not much of a barfly, anyone (vaccinated) up for a hike?

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Q1) Age/Sex/Location?
50/M/High River
Q2) How long have you been an oiler fan?
Entire life
Q3) Best moment as an oiler fan?
Many moments, but I'll go with a recent one- when Smith took down Talbot
Q4) Worst moment as an oiler fan?
Lots, but again a recent one- Winnipeg sweep last playoffs really hurt, more so than usual
Q5) Favourite current oiler?
McDavid
Q6) Favourite Oiler all time?
Doug Weight, just a super classy person and true leader at a young age.
Q7) Last 2 years have been trying times for none hockey reasons--what have you learned?(none hockey related)
Every single person is struggling due to the pandemic. Every single one. Be kind.
Q8) When you die and you go to the after life--what does the first person in the after life say to you?
Hey...can you cook us up a Brisket?
Q9) Favourite vacation spot in the world?
In my little smoke pit in the backyard
Q10) What happened on your worst vacation ever?
Q11) How did you get screen name?
Was doing some cooking for a charity, needed a business name, its a play on my last name
Q12) Oiler prospect you have the highest hopes for?(0 nhl games)
Tullio
Q13) Which prospect do you think will break HFoil fans heart? (0 nhl games)
Q14) Music guilty pleasure? (what artist do you like that others would question)
Q15) Favourite movie all time
Silverado
Q16) Favourite TV show all time
The Office
Q17) IF you had one piece of advice to your younger self, what would it be?
Be a chef
Q18) You are in a bar, what 3 hfoiler posters would you want to drink with(those you have never met) and where is the bar?
Everyone in the Quarantine Canteen thread, and it'll be at my house, with our very large Bourbon selection.
Just give us all the time and place for question #18, and we will be there, man!

subnet

5-14-6-1
Sponsor
Nov 6, 2005
PacNW
Q1) Age/Sex/Location? 51/m/yes please/Portland, OR
Q2) How long have you been an oiler fan? sometime in the 70's
Q3) Best moment as an oiler fan? Hmmm - tough one - any one of their cup clinching wins. Also game 6 in '06.
Q4) Worst moment as an oiler fan? Gretzky trade and Game 7, '06
Q5) Favourite current oiler? Draisaitl
Q6) Favourite Oiler all time? Gretzky, Weight, Messier
Q7) Last 2 years have been trying times for none hockey reasons--what have you learned?(none hockey related). Don't sweat the small stuff. Let things go.
Q8) When you die and you go to the after life--what does the first person in the after life say to you? Sucks man, let's go grab a drink and chill.
Q9) Favourite vacation spot in the world? Yikes - lots of nice ones. Sweden, Germany, Okanagan Lake, OR Pacific Coast, Mt Hood...
Q10) What happened on your worst vacation ever? Rear ending a friends car in Germany. Not the worst thing in the world...
Q11) How did you get screen name? I'm in IT. Subnetting is a network 'thang'. Shortened it to Subnet. Used to be Touque.
Q12) Oiler prospect you have the highest hopes for?(0 nhl games) Broberg and Holloway
Q13) Which prospect do you think will break HFoil fans heart? (0 nhl games). None - they'll all become stars! :sarcasm:
Q14) Music guilty pleasure? (what artist do you like that others would question). Nothing that terrible. Probably ABBA lol
Q15) Favourite movie all time. The Matrix and The original Star Wars trilogy
Q16) Favourite TV show all time. Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones, Seinfeld
Q17) IF you had one piece of advice to your younger self, what would it be? Don't sweat the small stuff. Let things go. RELAX dammit!
Q18) You are in a bar, what 3 hfoiler posters would you want to drink with(those you have never met) and where is the bar? So many of you here - I won't name you all! (Draive/Rep, BBob, 5Min, Del-doubleDP, etc. etc. etc.)

The Head Crusher

Re-retired
Jan 3, 2008
Edmonton
Q1) Age/Sex/Location? 34/M/Drayton Valley
Q2) How long have you been an oiler fan? 1997
Q3) Best moment as an oiler fan? 06 cup run or Gagner 8 point night
Q4) Worst moment as an oiler fan? Game 7 of the 06 cup finals
Q5) Favourite current oiler? Drai
Q6) Favourite Oiler all time? Laraque
Q7) Last 2 years have been trying times for none hockey reasons--what have you learned?(none hockey related) 3d printing been developing a course to use with my high school students
Q8) When you die and you go to the after life--what does the first person in the after life say to you? "they let just about anyone in here now, don't they."
Q9) Favourite vacation spot in the world? Florence, Italy.
Q10) What happened on your worst vacation ever? Downpour when we visited Versailles, couldn't explore the garden.
Q11) How did you get screen name? Kid in The Hall Character
Q12) Oiler prospect you have the highest hopes for?(0 nhl games) Dylan Holloway
Q13) Which prospect do you think will break HFoil fans heart? (0 nhl games) Xavier Bourgault
Q14) Music guilty pleasure? (what artist do you like that others would question) not really a big music guy, mostly listen to Audio books
Q15) Favourite movie all time Star Wars Empire Strikes Back
Q16) Favourite TV show all time Game of Thrones
Q17) IF you had one piece of advice to your younger self, what would it be? You are older longer than you are young, take care of your body. 30 is too young for back surgery.
Q18) You are in a bar, what 3 hfoiler posters would you want to drink with(those you have never met) and where is the bar? @Soli , @Cloned , and @Cerebral

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
Q1) Age/Sex/Location? - 56/M/Sask now, but AB for 51 of them
Q2) How long have you been an oiler fan? - 1979
Q3) Best moment as an oiler fan? - May 19, 1984
Q4) Worst moment as an oiler fan? - Sept 11, 2001, RIP Ace B.
Q5) Favourite current oiler? - Leon Draisatl
Q6) Favourite Oiler all time? - Wayne (Dave Semenko a close 2nd)
Q7) Last 2 years have been trying times for none hockey reasons--what have you learned?(none hockey related) - to not take HF too serious, to enjoy each day as it comes
Q8) When you die and you go to the after life--what does the first person in the after life say to you? - you sure had your fair share of fun, eh?
Q9) Favourite vacation spot in the world?- Arizona
Q10) What happened on your worst vacation ever?- never had a bad vacation
Q11) How did you get screen name? - he’s a guy Ive known for 40 years
Q12) Oiler prospect you have the highest hopes for?(0 nhl games) - Holloway
Q13) Which prospect do you think will break HFoil fans heart? (0 nhl games) - Broberg
Q14) Music guilty pleasure? (what artist do you like that others would question) - I’ve posted his stuff here before, Warren Zevon
Q15) Favourite movie all time - Caddyshack, I know I’m a shallow person
Q16) Favourite TV show all time - WKRP
Q17) IF you had one piece of advice to your younger self, what would it be? - buddy, university classes start in September, not the second week of October
Q18) You are in a bar, what 3 hfoiler posters would you want to drink with(those you have never met) and where is the bar? @bellagiobob , @Oilers in NS, @5 Mins 4 Ftg. The bar is wherever they are buying![/QUOTE]

Captain Fantastic

Connor McMastadon
Feb 24, 2012
YEG
Q1) Age/Sex/Location? 50+/M/ SW YEG
Q2) How long have you been an oiler fan? Since 1979
Q3) Best moment as an oiler fan? 5th cup win
Q4) Worst moment as an oiler fan? 06 Final
Q5) Favourite current oiler? Connor McDavid
Q6) Favourite Oiler all time? Was Messier. Connor McDavid now. (Ken Dryden is my hero)
Q7) Last 2 years have been trying times for none hockey reasons--what have you learned?(none hockey related) Friends aren't forever.
Q8) When you die and you go to the after life--what does the first person in the after life say to you? Welcome?
Q9) Favourite vacation spot in the world? NYC
Q10) What happened on your worst vacation ever? Cairo, Egypt.. constantly harassed by folks for money
Q11) How did you get screen name? Title of my favorite Elton John Album
Q12) Oiler prospect you have the highest hopes for?(0 nhl games) Not sure.
Q13) Which prospect do you think will break HFoil fans heart? (0 nhl games) Not sure.
Q14) Music guilty pleasure? (what artist do you like that others would question) Nickelback, Pet Shop Boys
Q15) Favourite movie all time . Raging Bull, Natural Born Killers
Q16) Favourite TV show all time All in the Family, The Flintstones
Q17) IF you had one piece of advice to your younger self, what would it be? Self respect first. Know how you want to be treated as a person. Don't let anyone (family, friends , whoever) cross those boundaries. Be kind. Pay yourself first.
Q18) You are in a bar, what 3 hfoiler posters would you want to drink with(those you have never met) and where is the bar? What first comes to mind.. @Drivesaitl ,@Cloned , @5 Mins 4 Ftg , @oilers'72 @Oilers in NS . A bunch others!!!!. I don't mind most here though. Some place in New Orleans (Hustler Club) or Amsterdam (any):naughty:. (Don't like this question much.. it's like a popularity contest)

I'll add that @VainGretzky avatar gives me a chuckle every time I see it. :laugh: @Del Preston adds a lot to the site. @Wen22 has been very generous to us. She should be an honorary Admin.

9GWG9

C=NV
Jul 13, 2007
Enjoyed learning about you all so took the time!

Q1) Age/Sex/Location?

47 I think/M/Deadmonton
Q2) How long have you been an oiler fan?
Since day one.
Q3) Best moment as an oiler fan?
Worked at the Coliseum during the last cup, Oilers comeback vs. Dal in 97 I think (Loudest I have ever heard the building) and Series clincher vs. Det in 06. Stevie Y's last game.
Q4) Worst moment as an oiler fan?
Game 7 06.
Q5) Favourite current oiler?
McDavid
Q6) Favourite Oiler all time?
Q7) Last 2 years have been trying times for none hockey reasons--what have you learned?(none hockey related)
Dont pay attention to the internet
Q8) When you die and you go to the after life--what does the first person in the after life say to you?
Hopefully "About time!"
Q9) Favourite vacation spot in the world?
New Orleans
Q10) What happened on your worst vacation ever?
Any vacation is a good vacation!
Q11) How did you get screen name?
GWG also stands for Great Western Garment Company, a local company who was one of his first sponsors
Q12) Oiler prospect you have the highest hopes for?(0 nhl games)
That russian kid who got his bell rung.
Q13) Which prospect do you think will break HFoil fans heart? (0 nhl games)
Broberg
Q14) Music guilty pleasure? (what artist do you like that others would question)
Hooked on that Dua Lipa
Q15) Favourite movie all time
To many to even start.
Q16) Favourite TV show all time
See above
Q17) IF you had one piece of advice to your younger self, what would it be?
This is for you yougins.... Save money and start young. If I would have listened to my father I would be retired by now.
Q18) You are in a bar, what 3 hfoiler posters would you want to drink with(those you have never met) and where is the bar?
All of you somewhere I haven't been.

94 Oil Drops

McHy is the new McDrai.
Sep 19, 2019
Alberta
27/M/Edmonton, Alberta

Q2) How long have you been an oiler fan? Since the 2006 playoff run.

Q3) Best moment as an oiler fan? Winning the McDavid draft lottery.

Q4) Worst moment as an oiler fan? Choking game 5 late in the 3rd against the Ducks in 2017.

Q5) Favourite current oiler? McDavid

Q6) Favourite Oiler all time? Smyth

Q7) Last 2 years have been trying times for none hockey reasons--what have you learned?(none hockey related). Too many people don't care about facts because of their own feelings.

Q8) When you die and you go to the after life--what does the first person in the after life say to you? You look like a nice guy.

Q9) Favourite vacation spot in the world? Out of all the places I've been to so far, Arizona

Q10) What happened on your worst vacation ever? Got really sea sick in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico while whale watching once. Threw up constantly and it felt like my head was rolling around in a jar. To make things worse, my younger siblings kept making fun of me and I was about ready to throw them off the boat. Honestly, the rest of the trip was fine though.

Q11) How did you get screen name? 94 was my birth year. It is also the number of my all-time favorite Oiler, Ryan Smyth.

Q12) Oiler prospect you have the highest hopes for? Holloway

Q13) Which prospect do you think will break HFoil fans heart? (0 nhl games). Safin

Q14) Music guilty pleasure? Cheesy 80s pop.

Q15) Favourite movie all time. Live action? Return of the Jedi - Animated? Spirited Away

Q16) Favourite TV show all time. Live Action? Breaking Bad - Animated? Avatar: The Last Airbender

Q17) IF you had one piece of advice to your younger self, what would it be? Do better in high school.

Q18) You are in a bar, what 3 hfoiler posters would you want to drink with? I don't drink. Given the choice however, I would socialize with 5 Mins 4 Ftg, Oilhawk, and TheSafePlay. They all seem like pretty cool, rational people.

Last edited:

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
27/M/Edmonton, Alberta

Q2) How long have you been an oiler fan? Since the 2006 playoff run.

Q3) Best moment as an oiler fan? Winning the McDavid draft lottery.

Q4) Worst moment as an oiler fan? Choking game 5 late in the 3rd against the Ducks in 2017.

Q6) Favourite Oiler all time? Smyth

Q7) Last 2 years have been trying times for none hockey reasons--what have you learned?(none hockey related). Too many people don't care about facts because of their own feelings.

Q8) When you die and you go to the after life--what does the first person in the after life say to you? You look like a nice guy.

Q9) Favourite vacation spot in the world? Out of all the places I've been to so far, Arizona

Q10) What happened on your worst vacation ever? Got really sea sick in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico while whale watching once. Threw up constantly and it felt like my head was rolling around in a jar. To make things worse, my younger siblings kept making fun of me and I was about ready to throw them off the boat. Honestly, the rest of the trip was fine though.

Q11) How did you get screen name? 94 was my birth year. It is also the number of my all-time favorite Oiler, Ryan Smyth.

Q12) Oiler prospect you have the highest hopes for? Holloway

Q13) Which prospect do you think will break HFoil fans heart? (0 nhl games). Safin

Q14) Music guilty pleasure? Cheesy 80s pop.

Q15) Favourite movie all time. Live action? Return of the Jedi - Animated? Spirited Away

Q16) Favourite TV show all time. Live Action? Breaking Bad - Animated? Avatar: The Last Airbender

Q17) IF you had one piece of advice to your younger self, what would it be? Do better in high school.

Q18) You are in a bar, what 3 hfoiler posters would you want to drink with? I don't drink. Given the choice however, I would socialize with 5 Mins 4 Ftg, Oilhawk, and TheSafePlay. They all seem like pretty cool, rational people.

Cool? Yes. :cool:
Rational? Check my user name. :confused:

Last edited:

KlefDown

I adore Soli
May 2, 2014
Q1) Age/Sex/Location? 25/M/Edmonton
Q2) How long have you been an oiler fan? 2010.
Q3) Best moment as an oiler fan? Drafting McDavid
Q4) Worst moment as an oiler fan? Losing Taylor Hall. Ducks Loss.
Q6) Favourite Oiler all time? McDavid
Q7) Last 2 years have been trying times for none hockey reasons--what have you learned?(none hockey related) Time heals all.
Q8) When you die and you go to the after life--what does the first person in the after life say to you? Onto the next one?
Q9) Favourite vacation spot in the world? Maldives, but I never been
Q10) What happened on your worst vacation ever? nothing bad
Q11) How did you get screen name? Klefbom Downlow but shortened
Q12) Oiler prospect you have the highest hopes for?(0 nhl games) Samorukov
Q13) Which prospect do you think will break HFoil fans heart? (0 nhl games) Lavoie
Q14) Music guilty pleasure? (what artist do you like that others would question) TAYLOR SWIFT
Q15) Favourite movie all time. so many. Shawshank & Spiderman
Q16) Favourite TV show all time. Prison Break season 1 & Breaking Bad
Q17) IF you had one piece of advice to your younger self, what would it be? none
Q18) You are in a bar, what 3 hfoiler posters would you want to drink with(those you have never met) and where is the bar? All my HFOil fam tbh. Legendary arguments over drinks

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad