Get Draisaitl and McDavid some help

Status
Not open for further replies.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
They have help, their names are Ekholm and Bouchard.

Unfortunately the rest of their forwards get to play with Nurse and Ceci who I'm convinced both believe hockey pucks are actually grenades.

snag

Feb 22, 2014
The Wedding Singer Brought to my attention yesterday on Make a GIF

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Daily reminder that the Oilers could have Johnston right now but their head scout ignored the guys in the org who were pushing for him. Pretty sure he'd be doing okay out there with McDavid or Draisaitl.

Wait, don't they have a 57 goal-scorer, another 100 point C, a playoff clutch agitator AND a power forward with a man streak as well as a snipe when he's motivated?

I'm sorry, but I take a look at this thread any reply:

'Get Pastrnak Some Help'
Hyman's good.

RNH turns into a ghost every playoffs.

Perry and Kane are both done. Perry's like 80 and Kane hasn't had a shot since his wrist injury.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Weird. I thought giving McDrai the second best goal scorer in the league was help. Thought giving them two defenceman better than any defencema the Nucks have is also giving them help. Bottom lines didn’t create tonight, but if you know hockey it’s not all about production, they contribute to the best PK in the playoffs and play a very responsible defensive game. Hockey is played at both ends of the ice.

Last edited:

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Wait, don't they have a 57 goal-scorer, another 100 point C, a playoff clutch agitator AND a power forward with a man streak as well as a snipe when he's motivated?

'Get Pastrnak Some Help'
Well said.

Reactions: BB79

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
They were definitely a 1 line team tonight but it worked, they were in on every goal.

If they can play 25-30 mins then you get a saw off or close too it in the other mins it's not the worst strategy, so long as they can maintain it all playoffs long.

BB79

Apr 30, 2011

'Get Pastrnak Some Help'
Can you imagine the Oilers with Swayman and Ullmark? :laugh:

Javaman

Jul 13, 2010
Vancouver
Teams always play to maximize the roster they have. If playing McDrai 25+ minutes a night leads to playoff wins, then that's a defensible strategy.

The bigger issue is if that leads to either of McDavid or Draisaitl getting worn down to the point where they get injured or can't perform at a high enough level to drag their team to victory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad